All Small Six Identifying Small Six

This relates to all small sixes
I have a small six that is being used as an irrigation engine. I need to rebuild it this winter and aren't for sure what it is. When I go to get parts for it if I tell the auto stores its out of a 68 bronco, what I've gotten fits( coil, distributor cap, points, etc) Its a one piece head, 4 water pump bolts, 3 freeze plugs. Manifolds are on rt side (what would be passenger side if it were in a vehicle). Starter is what I'd call high mount. Any ideas what beast I have?

It should have numbers cast into the block and head like: D7BE8090BE. Post those, or several sites have the codes and their meanings.

Probably is a 170 Cu. In. if it's an Industrial use engine with 3 Freese Plugs in the Short Block. But to ID it any further such as year we will need the Block and Head Design / Casting Numbers and the Cast Date Code's.

Hi, check the water pump bolts again. The 144, 170, and 200 have three bolts, and the 250 has four water pump bolts. The 250 has the lower starter, so it can't be a 250. Good luck

Back