Ranger 4.0 EFI on a 4.1L X-Flow

xafalcongs

Gents,

I've owned and modded a 1993 Ranger with 4.0 Cologne 60º V6 way back in the early 90's using parts from Vanir and 4.0 Performance. I've long since parted with the Ranger but I'm now thinking of swapping the Mass Air EEC-IV from a Ranger to my Aussie 4.1 X-Flow. The Aussie motor is a very late 1987 unleaded EEC-IV motor with a VAM. The EEC-Tuner can be used on the US EEC-IV off the Ranger plus the the Ranger has MAF. I will need to use everything from the Ranger motor and I will need to adapted a camshaft position sensor. Does anyone on the board know if someone has done this swap? Or, I'm I the first to consider something so stupid?

--J

No, your not the first, but it has come up many times when considering port injecting the Log 200 and 250's.

The key is phasing the injectors, and altering the pulse widths to suit a 3.91" stroke engine verses a 3.32" stroke engine. There is nothing else to it. Distributors were removed of the similar 4.0 OHC engine in 1994 to 1996, the reappeared. So there are ways of making the later EEC fit into these 'brain dead' X-flows. After all, we just copied your 4.0 technology.

Back