All Small Six Which carb do I have??

This relates to all small sixes

DrDave

I decided to change out my 6 cyl ‘66 Bronco carburetor and what I got was the one on the left. Original is on the right. They have different linkages. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_0984.jpeg
    IMG_0984.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 20
Your original looks to be the Autolite 1100 manual tranmission model, new/refinished one is for an auto trans, extra deceleration pump diaphram. I run an auto carb on my manual trans, no issue. Auto carb diaphram works like an anti-stall pot on a bigger carb.

The OEM Autolite 1100 has the 1966 up Cable Throttle type Linkage (these are a Pull Type Throttle Arm) that your Bronco would use. The other is an earlier Autolite 1100 used with Rod type Linkages such as the 1964 1965 Falcon's / Comets and 1965 & 1966 Mustang would use (these are Push Type Throttle Arms). That said I think it would be best to send that fresh one back and look for the Right Throttle Arm it will save you a bunch of time and work to be able to hook it up. Good luck

The OEM Autolite 1100 has the 1966 up Cable Throttle type Linkage (these are a Pull Type Throttle Arm) that your Bronco would use. The other is an earlier Autolite 1100 used with Rod type Linkages such as the 1964 1965 Falcon's / Comets and 1965 & 1966 Mustang would use (these are Push Type Throttle Arms). That said I think it would be best to send that fresh one back and look for the Right Throttle Arm it will save you a bunch of time and work to be able to hook it up. Good luck
Yeah, I think you’re right. As the other response suggested it would/could work but I’m not interested in the adaption.

Thanks!

cable wrks pretty good in my '70 ('69 motor).
Ur pic looks like a chinese knock off of the 1100 (or YF, really) w/SCV:
read the whole page. LOM/SCV feedback (to each other) is an important concept.

Back