All Small Six Why use Yellow Terra Rockers?

This relates to all small sixes

65coupei6

Famous Member
Staff member
VIP
I know why people use roller rockers.
But is there any real reason on a street driven 6 or non racing 6? It seems with the extra expense and effort you are better off with the 1.6 adjustable's.

I use a non adjustable rocker.
The lifters will bleed down if the head is milled.
Today's head gaskets are thicker anyway.
I milled my head .060 then found a set of .060 shorter push rods sitting on a shelf at a NAPA store in southern California.
NAPA did an interstore transfer to my local store. I haven't found another set of .060 shorter push rods.
If I wanted more lift I would buy a Schneider 256H with .420 lift.

I know why people use roller rockers.
But is there any real reason on a street driven 6 or non racing 6? It seems with the extra expense and effort you are better off with the 1.6 adjustable's.
It's just a personal thing I guess in looking for the best of the parts combos. But do you really need them for the average street Car No not really just like a mildly worked over Large Log Head is usually more than enough for most street Car's too. However if you are lucky enough to have one of the C.I / V.I. Aluminum or even a Aussie or Argentinean 2V Head I can then see it as a good thing to use the Roller Rocker Arm's and they are likely a little easier on wearing out the Valve Guides.

cant a higher ratio rocker B added this way?
(out side of the 'roller' tip issue)

cant believe they have free shipping BUT @ those prices they better have it.
RAU can help locally too
I hate to see ONE reference. It seems an endorsement.

Back