y-block bellhousing to a inline six bellhousing!

A

Anonymous

ok so its offical!! a y-block bellhousing bolt pattern and a 223 ford inline six (54-59) bellhousing bolt pattern do not line up!! so i need an inline six fordomatic bellhousing from 1954-1959. please help if you can!! i really need one bad!!!!!

very different!!!! no way to get them to bolt up! y block is a 5 or 6 bolt bell housing and the six is a 4 bolt bell housing..... so i think this is going to be harder to find then i think!!!

If you're comfortable with some fabrication work, what about milling the first 5/8" off a 157-tooth C-4 bellhousing, and TIG-welding on a water-cut flange? Measuring off the 223 block, trim and drill the new flange.

Not sure how easy it would be to find a flexplate, but again I'd see if a neutral balance 157 tooth item could be adapted, or even one off an E0BB 200 six.

Regards, Adam.

that actually sounds like a good idea. im not sure if im good enough to fab that but im going to look into it.... thanks for the info!

mike

I know of a wrecking yard in Seguin Texas that should have that bell housing. If you are interested in buying something that far away and having it shipped I can get you the phone number.

The 1964 Big Ford Cars with an Auto trans came with a C4 (first year of production) so if you can find one of these bells any year C4 (a C5 should also work) would bolt up. You should also be able to still buy a new Flex plate still. I want to do this swap in my 58 Ranchero so if you run across a couple bells I would be interested. On the 223 bells for the FordOMatics (1954 and up) with slight mods you can bolt any CruseOMatic or a later FMX to the bell.

Back