exhaust port bumps on 200ci head

gotsomeFORDs

so when i stick my finger in the exhaust holes on the head, about 2.25 inches in i feel a big bump. what are they? has anybody ground them out?

Hay hotrodguy... AAAHHH they are in the exhaust port..that's why there called exhaust bumps. :banghead: .. Yes you can grind them down just don't go to deep. :banghead:

Tim

Sorry Charlie Tim The bumps on my 250 head are on intake 2 and 5. No bumps on the exhaust. Guess they are not all the same.

The only big bump that I know of is the valve guide, and I streamline them. You may have something different.

gotmesomeFORDs":3b9vch6h said:
so when i stick my finger in the exhaust holes on the head, about 2.25 inches in i feel a big bump. what are they? has anybody ground them out?

These are deep in the manifold near the log on intake 2 and 5. I am grinding them down, takes a while hard cast iron.

if yer portin Y not show a pic?
love 2 C how this new set-up (our site's changes) works…
AND
of course, pic R all way great ! ! !

i'm sure there are pix already and better than i can take, now if i had a hot little greasmonkey to do the tedious, well, thats a different story.
:beer:

Those bumps are for the valve cover bolt holes. If you grind too far, you'll have to use sealer on your valve cover bolt threads to stop any vacuum leaks. Just my two cents.

Kou-well
Thanks
(I LOVE pic!)
no moders round here
AND
certainly no falcon-motor heads
I've found in the doz plus yrs I've looked.

Back