Cam dur/lift vs high ratio rockers

69stang_250

VIP
So here is a question or two for ya.

With all this talk about high ratio rockers, it has me wondering about the valve lift.
I have seen it said that our engines love valve lift and height ratio rockers can achieve that.
However, some cams out there can get the lift on up there and I have a feeling with some of them
High ratio rockers may cause issues if used.

The questions I have are:

What is the max lift on our heads? Or where can I find this info? Both Al and cast.

The most lift I have seen for our engines is .528 with 1:6.5 rockers on a clay smith cam.

Guess my next question is how would you guys think this 280 cam 108 LS would run on the street with 1:6
Rockers?

Or would a 274 cam with 1:6.5 roller rockers with .495 lift be a better combo for the price?

Just going from the flow numbers that are up on CI website, i'm only looking to shoot for ~0.500" lift. With my 264/274 10* cam, that means I need a rocker ratio right around 1.7 to get there. I'll be running a modified large log (C9) head. I don't want the extra durtion because I'll have to jack the static compression ratio way up to work with a 280. With my current plan (stock piston and bore/modified head) I'll have 9.5 SCR and a 8.0 DCR (with the cam advanced 4*).

Back