holley 1904 and auto transmission

thewallyllama

I have had lots of trouble with the autolight 1100 so I switched to the holley 1904. The carb has been great so far. My concern is that the 1904 does not have the dashpot on it. The 1953 International Harvester 1904 service manual says that the auto trans needs the dashpot for the anti stall system. Should i be expecting trouble in the future since i seem to not have the right carb for the tranmission? I have not had any problems aside from a high idle i cant seem to solve.

The dash pot slows down the rate of closing of the throdle blade you may be able to add one if you want it's a simple bracket. Though If you can't get the carb to idle down then the dash pot would have no real use. Good luck :nod:

Also some of them have a solenoid somewhere on the carbs.

How can we tell if we can get away without one or the other (a solenoid or a dashpot)

I C a dashpot/bracket/spring/plunger/boot on my YF
but
the RBS I have is stripped.
What is the solenoid for, where does it go/how mounted & 'tuned' and lastly - how can I tell if I can get away w/o it?

I like to start with oem then modify with an improvement if there is one or an improved method. I've seen too many instances of removal of stock parts (just to do so) with poor results (due to lack of understanding of the function/relatedness).

(Let me know if this needs to be in a new thread)
(Seems related but don't wanna jack anyone!)

I figured I was good since it seems to be running fine. It would stall out at first but that was fixed with adjusting the air mixture screw.

Thanks U 2.
Back to your regularly scheduled program.

Back