1967 Mustang with port injected 200

J_Scalzi

Hey guys I'm new to this forum and I want to share my project and get some feedback from you guys on what you think and how I could improve on what I did. So I used a block and head out of a later model 78 fairmont because I read the later model heads had bigger logs, bigger valves and flowed better. All that changed with the block was boring for 30 over for some flat tops from a 2.3l four banger and a cam swap. It's a clay smith cam 274/274-108* and I upgraded to a dual roller chain. The head on the other hand got its log intake cut off fully ported 3 angle cave job and we did some work to the combustion chamber. I welded 1/4 steel onto what was left of the intake to make a flange to bolt an intake to. I work at a junkyard :mrgreen: so I took the intake and throttle body of a 96 wrangler I cut the runners off the jeeps intake and welded on my own plenum. I screwed up this intake when I made the flange on the head. I didn't pay enough attention on making sure all the runners were the same height so my fuel rail is going to be a nightmare to fabricate. That's about it I get stiffer valve springs for the cam but stock rocker assembly.

I'm trying to post pictures but I can't figure out how so if someone can tell me how to post pictures I will get right on it

got more on the ball than me, bro. Let's C what those w/some more knowledge come up wid!
Visit our other forums 4 more apropreate references, right church, wrong pew? UR at the right place
("powerband's" the man 4 this if U ask me).
Keep talkin...

Look on the Megasquirt section of the Forum; falcon fanatic fuel injected a 200 with a Aussie 250 2V head.
He used a throttle body from a 4.0 Jeep also.

Here's a link:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=72285

Are you going to use a Megasquirt ECU or something else? Falcon fanatic switched from a Electromotive TEC3 to a Megasquirt.
He may be able to help you.

Keep us informed.

I'll be using a mega squirt ecu just another thing that has to get finished up before I start it up. And I actually have seen that thread already I'll take as many notes from him as I can he built one sweet injection setup

So I think I have finally figured out how to post pictures so let's try this out
image_zpsiywtljee.jpg
[/url][/img]

WoW, U don't mess around.
What's the 'bump' at the back of the intake - to place a carb on if changing at a later date?

Nice work - good idea welding the flanges on the intake. I like the way you used the Jeep ports - puts the injectors at a good angle to the valve.

The bump on the back is the mountain spot for the throttle body I forgot I don't have a picture of the intake even further along so I will get a more recent picture posted in the morning. (y)

cool!
I forgot you needed "air" when I saw the 6 injectors.
(Said in my mind "Oh, that's enuff.").

"Bridgeport" frm here in Bridgeport, CT.

Frm the ocean up to Spfld, VT was the locale for the birth of the tool & cutting industry (CT River Valley) due to the water power/industrial revolution interface. Ruled the world till mid '70 on that industry (200 yrs.). Arbitrage & 1/4ly stock market profits changed that all. Guys on the floor wrked w/management in competition w/the other co.s to "win". Just like the bike industry 1st in Britain then in Japan (Harley/Indian were at it here, again in this area, 1st). Real shame. Still tryin 2 get it back in some ways (government/private industry R collaborating w/o much success).

Sorry, rant over.
Unions busted,
Chad in poverty...

Yeah my intake set up WOULD NOT have gotten done without the use of the Bridgeport it's a versatile machine and kept all my runners the same length and I had an even and square starting point to weld on the flanges.
And here are a couple more pictures of my intake I still have some welds to grind but I've be procrastinating on that tedious task
image_zpsllo8ynju.jpeg
[/url][/img]

"...but I've be procrastinating…"
not from what I see - some fantastic work.

Ur a great welder (all alu?)!

Back