bigger radiator fan

I would imagine you could use a later fan if you had the right spacer... and have enough clearance behind the radiator for it.

The threaded holes on the hub on the water pump might be different though.. seems like the earlier pumps had a smaller bolt pattern. Every aftermarket water pump I've seen these days though has both small and large bolt patterns in one so you can use early or later fans.

I just swapped the fan on my 250 from a later 5 or 6 blade maverick fan to an earlier 4 blade to give it a stealth look... no issues as it had a replacement water pump with both bolt patterns.

Ford made a 5 bladed fan for the air conditioned sixes. Same bolt pattern, more blades .
the difference in width is :
Stock 4 blade fan @ 1.5"
5 blade @ 2 1/8".
This is the total width,I'm not sure how much room you have to your radiator ?
DannyG

63falcon4drwagon":11wh9ddt said:
adamscm":11wh9ddt said:
Does a bigger fan exist that I can put on a 200 six (like 5 or 6 blades)?
I have a Ford 6 blade steel 15 1/2" fan that I would trade for a 4 blade 15 1/2" if you are in the Sacramento-Auburn CA area.
The 6 blade fan is on my car now.

If he does not take you up on it, I will. in Bay area, but head to sac often

63falcon4drwagon":3hm1nkhw said:
We may be able to make a trade. I really don't need a 6 blade fan. The 6 blades makes it very hard (on my 63 Falcon) to remove-install without removing the radiator. I can get it off without removing the radiator but all those blades get in the way trying to put the 4 bolts back on with the radiator as close as it is.

Cool! My early econoline could use all the airflow it can get... and my radiator is easier to remove then the fan anyway...

So I see the depth of these different size fans. That is w/o fan clutches I imagine (an inch and a half or two) 4 blade and 5 blade .

What about the 6 blade's depth?

Do they all have the same 'sweep' ('diameter', arm length,whatever; sorry don't know the correct nomenclature) these 4, 5 and 6 blades?

Are those the only oem options?
Not askin folks to get into the ele. right now. I AM looking into the future tho, wondering bout flex fans that come before what I call (probably incorrectly) 'turbo designs' that the ele. have. It's really about "How far can I go B4 jumpin to the ele."

adamscm":11pxvtua said:
Does a bigger fan exist that I can put on a 200 six (like 5 or 6 blades)?

If you do not have a good fan shroud , one will improve the cooling efficiency on any fan.

"…a good fan shroud…"
?urban legen?
the 6 cyl bronks (170ci '66 - '72; 200 in '72 &3) were produced/shipped/sold w/o any fan shroud.

chad":saq9qjve said:
"…a good fan shroud…"
?urban legen?
the 6 cyl bronks (170ci '66 - '72; 200 in '72 &3) were produced/shipped/sold w/o any fan shroud.

Sheet Aluminum, tin snips, and pop-rivits...

RichCreations":77cpp7uv said:
Sheet Aluminum, tin snips, and pop-rivits…
that may B how to make a shroud?
thank you. Anyway, not interested.
Ridin this poor guy's thread w/a different Q.
Sorry.
Please forget it.

"Back to ur regularly scheduled" OP's thread

Back