project ITZOLD and XPLOED

xctasy

5K+
VIP
After almost two years off this site building my business, I'm back in I6 land!

I'm making two new projects to add to XCTASY ii, my experiemental Component Testing Assembly.

ITZOLD is a 82 Mustang which is getting some "hard core" cam, injection and gearbox alterations to suit the US 3.3

XPLOED is a 1997 Ford Explorer with an Aussie 250 log head I6 conversion running EFI, special camshaft, and 5-speed Explorer gearbox.

Be in touch with the details soon

th_XPLOEDER.jpg

VERY GLAD to hear it,Dean-O! Glad to see thingz workin' out for you and the Family unit! I,too have been out of the Ford-6 fold(since early June of last year...),but now,with a new Computer,I have returned. No-No,PLEASE.......don't send any Money :rolflmao: . Although,I *think* Rich(Robhm...)still owes me a $50 :roll: :p . See ya round(hopefully...)some more Dean-O. I know I'll be.... 8) . ~Steph/OO6.

They disappeared at the same time and returned at the same time.
Is there something going on that we should know about? :shock:
If not should we just make something up? :LOL:

I'm pretty sure I saw them in the Caymens... :roll:

Welcome back - sounds like I'm not the only one who took a furlough...

On the subject of 'Lost Members'....has ANYONE seen our Mr. Phillips(ADDO/Adam...)? His last post was sometime in June :unsure:: ? I was beggining to wonder a bit. ~Steph-OO6.

StrangeRanger":2vj2lyly said:
They disappeared at the same time and returned at the same time.
Is there something going on that we should know about? :shock:
If not should we just make something up? :LOL:

They got paroled for good behavior. :D

Welcome back.

STEVEN.":3bobr5l7 said:
On the subject of 'Lost Members'....has ANYONE seen our Mr. Phillips(ADDO/Adam...)? His last post was sometime in June :unsure:: ? I was beggining to wonder a bit. ~Steph-OO6.
Yes, I have seen Adam about 2 weeks ago, and am expecting a visit in the next week or so.
He is fine, and I will let him know you were worried. :)

I was Les Misérables wit outcha.

I was busy, and my primary job got insane with monthly pays and I did 105 hours one week (70 hrs on the roading contract, 36 hrs cleaning...). So rather than deal with my sarcasm through a recession, I took a tea break. Boston Tea Party style.

I did some scaffolding http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4065/452 ... b4b226.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/47560606@N03/4523879819/

Some asbestos removal
some lino removal
home HVAC instillation
some rest home construction
http://www.odt.co.nz/files/story/2010/0 ... 77e7bf.JPG

and about 20 other things asside...

Then I won a few contracts to keep me afloat

Now I'm back with you and our 6735 otha brothas

Glad to see ya made some long needed Ca$h during that time Dean-O 8) . The Mustang...a somewhat recent import :unsure:: And a 'Hello' to Leo as well :mrgreen: ! ~Steph/OO6.

Imported from the Land of the Rising Son in about October 1990. Its actually a 1982 car registered here as a 1983 model. Buts its the last of the Stang 1982 I6's. 1983's sixes were V6, and had the nicer front and better tail lights. It's 50th state compliant, so it must have been destined for some poor Cali movie star who couldn't reach the price on the Five Oh. Love the speed alert chimes at 62 mph.

Glad to see you guys returning! Especially now that I'll be looking for some down under knowledge!

Trying to fit time in for everything. I'm basically working two jobs right now. One is my primary job and at night working in my basement on a potential start up company. I'm also actively working to develop all my contacts in my primary job so that I could potentially leave and become an independent contractor/firm and work on my own. I've got 2-3 clients that I could potentially pull with me if I leave. However, my would be business partner for this 3rd endeavor was recently reactivated and is either deploying to North Korea or Afghanistan (we served together for 3 years at his last active duty station). So, that has been put on the back burner.

And then there is family, the house, and many other projects the better half is pushing me to get done. I laugh sometimes when I look at the new TV we bought. our last one was a cheapy we bought 15 years ago. We finally upgraded to a really nice new TV. And we watch it for about 30 minutes a day before my son goes to bed. We end up watching Cat in the Hat, Thomas the train, or Bob the builder on an HD TV.

But watching the superbowl last night was nice...but that was the first time we've sat in front of the new TV for more than an hour since we bought it. Guess it helps keep the energy consumption down.

Ha ha, it takes years to establish things, doesn't it?

I'm working auditing 6.85 hrs per week average (often 40 hrs per week though)
road roughness (0 hrs per week roughness as I make my equipment)
cleaning 12 hrs a week cleaning
care work at a new rest home 32 hrs p.w
labouring as a shortfall (0 to 25 hrs per week)

I'm currently getting my sprag clutches and ABS rotary encoders made up, but have to set up a complicated torsion bar link so my IRS Rav 4 behaves like my live axled Explorer. So I'm doing a bit. At lest my wife and three kids get to see me often, and my eldest son is now working with me at the laboring job. Building a rest home which I will work in this March. Soon, I 'll have him added to my company books when I do road rougness surveys, because he is trustworthy and has been learning from his mistakes.One thning I've learned over 41 years is that anyone can go off the rails.

But income tax, Goods and Services tax, statuary, personal, public liabity and car issurance certainly take a drain on things. I'm delighted to have a loving wife and great kids.

Although my son wiping out my last test vehicle sort of sucked a bit back In Feb 2008. He wsn't hurt much, but that left me yet again without a rear drive car to test my gearboxes and engines.

So ended my sons involvement with drugs and drinking..

The same month, I then found the wife had gone unconditional on a Jap SUV, my workmate died of a diabetes condition. When the Owe Oh Eight the recession hit, I'd had enough of putting all my hours into overseas companies without reward, so I resigned from a 10 year job, and have been running X-Flow Engine Components as a GST business since September 2010. Then I nursed my mother in law for a fortnight, as she died of cancer in Feb 2010, my elder daughter had a sucession of 20 year old boyfriends, and my daughter danced for the Russian Ballet. My RAV4 got smashed up by a druggie the day before i floated my next bank loan, and I was without a vehicle for three weeks.

I pay my GST this month, and my first five company tax returns go in. I'm glad to be back!

And then there was some unpleasant stuff too, no doubt.

So are you still running the costumed marathons?

Missed the Moro marathon but I was worried about my business and couldn't afford the time off. My first audit with XEC Ltd was the day after my planned marathon, so it wasn't to be.
What was a delight was that my wife walked the half marathon in 2010. After weight loss surgery and the loss of 150 pounds... (y) (y) :nod: I guess I gave the half marathon all my heart through her:)

Anyway, back onto the Harcore stuff. Hows addo fingers?

I've got my son making ITZOLD's road roughness meter from two trumeter wheels.I was chatting to the boy and then decided he could build my road roughness meter

Back