Wanted 1974 Duraspark I Magnetic Pickup Base Plate

rocklord

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2018
I'm working on modifying a points distributor to a Duraspark I breakerless distibutor.
To do that I need a base plate for the magnetic pickup. I know the base plate for a 1974 DSI will work, but other years may also.
Attached is a picture of a base plate with magnetic pickup.

If you have one PM me.

Thank you,

Attachments

• DSI Base_plate.jpg
    DSI Base_plate.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 5
'74 to '87 big-six or '75 to '83 small six each had different bodies but same across the years. Stator coil test is 400-800 ohms.
  • '74+ Solid State Ignition (SSI, D4/D5 black or green grommet and 1.35-ohm resistor) with standard points size cap,
  • '76+ DuraSpark-II (DS-II, D6 blue grommet and 1.10-ohm resistor, 49-state) with small then large cap with adapter, then the
  • '77+ DuraSpark-I (DS-I, D8 red grommet, HEI, no resistor, low-ohm coil, primarily CA some models) using only the large cap with adapter.
All three types had the same distributor connector, but different module connectors and wiring.

RockAuto has big-six SKP distributor for all years at $46 plus shipping. No such luck for small-six, but they do have the plates and stators for about $20 each. Hope that helps.

Back