200 CI Modifications

A

Anonymous

I've inquired a 200 CI 66. I want to achieve substantial horsepower out of it. Anyone got any good places to start?

You could consider switching to an Aussie/Argie head with a detachable intake manifold...

i would get one of those Oz heads from Mike or wait till the end of the year for Clifford performance to come out with their aluminum head and then i would put a crane or isky cam on her, bore it, then i would go with dished Kb pistons and rods, replace all the seals and gaskets, put high performance rocker arms on it, then put headers on Dual outlet deffenity either run 3 one barrels or 2 2 barrel carbs or only one but the more fuel more hp usally. the 7 to 8 quarts poil pan from mike and perfomance oil pump, a high performance water pump you dont want to over heat. performance intake. i would go with a dural spark ignition and flame thrower coil high performance wires. use Flowmaster delta 50 mufflers. and finally a KN airfilter. as or the Crank i am not sure i think you may be stuck with the stock one but i would grid it down have a machine shop do that. this sould make that motor run like hell and sound like it to.

NPSDF":37ndpfcm said:
I've inquired a 200 CI 66. I want to achieve substantial horsepower out of it. Anyone got any good places to start?

One word... nitrous. :D

What's the best headers and exhaust out there for this car?

Are Aussie and Argentine heads the most beneficial horsepower for my care or not?

you know I will crap a brick if the cliffy head is a crossflow head and a "adaptor" for the side of the block...basicly what someone else is currently working on

nick

Falcon_man":wjqq5lqf said:
wait till the end of the year for Clifford performance to come out with their aluminum head

So cooooooooooooooooool
hope its not a ripoff

NPSDF":18qsjj9k said:
Are Aussie and Argentine heads the most beneficial horsepower for my care or not?

To answer your question the Argentine SP head is the more HI PRO of the bolt-ons followed by the ME (Max Econo) Argentine head. The Aussie 250 2V is also a bolt on but less radical, mind you a quantum leap in performance from stock log head with a one barrel. With the Argentine head you will need custom or Argentine headers as the exhaust port face is different, on the Aussie heads you can use the domestic headers. On both you will need the associated intake manifold and a 2 bbl carb.

Back