All Small Six 200 crossflow swap

This relates to all small sixes

nline6

Hi, after reading the crossflow swap article written by Fordsix I decided, this is what I want to do for a restomod project I am doing. The article says that you have to run an aussie cam but is not very specific as to why. I tried using the link provided at the bottom of the article, but could not get that page to come up, so I'm hoping someone here can help me with this. I understand that you have to clearance the block to line up the intake pushrods for the crossflow head, but don't understand why the American cam won't work, as the lifter bores remain as they are. If both cams fit the block, and both cams will line up with the lifters, why do you have to run the aussie cam? I have my crossflow head, manifold, and carbs. The next step is cam selection. I really appreciate any help you can give me with this.
Thanks
Robin

What xcstay is saying is the intake and exhaust valves are in a different order for the crossflow to the log head

and worth it

Thank you for clearing that up for me, that one never occurred to me. Is it safe to assume that a US timing set will work?

Thank you for clearing that up for me, that one never occurred to me. Is it safe to assume that a US timing set will work?
The US timing set will work for your Crossflow swap.

If you don't have it yet, you will need an exhaust manifold or header for the Crossflow.
You note that you have a manifold, but you need both an intake and exhaust manifold for the Crossflow.

Good Luck.

if not supplied @ purchase

Thanks again for the help. I do have both manifolds , I'm using triple sidedrafts on the intake and I have a stock cast exhaust manifold. With the help of a couple of friends I'm hoping to build a set of headers timed to the firing order. This is going to be a long project. Thanks again for the help.

"...Thanks again for the help."
plez keep us apprised of steps in progress, pic esp appreciated & of use to some.
Many of us R unable to develop such heads so its a good'un to follow~
(such as which trips/how set up...plenty of time for that later tho)
8^ )
so plenty THANKS back adcha !

Hello everyone, it's been quite a while since i've been on here. As I said in my last post I needed to deal with family illness. Were still in the middle of it but things are beginning to look up. I have tried to look up some of my earlier posts but can't seem to find them, not sure where i left off. i am starting to work on the head again and in the next week or so I will post some pictures with description of the work I am doing. So far I have replaced the valve guides and seats, and currently I am milling the rocker stands to accept roller rockers. I will post pics and description ASAP.
Thanks
Robin

here's hopin recovery is well along. When they hurt we hurt (@ least that's how I work). In ur
absence we lost 1 of our best, so welcome back. Any pic appreciated (heck, even of ur dog smilin up).
8^ )

Back