200 Swap Drama Continues!

I don't have a Duraspark, that may have been another poster. I have the old Loadomatic and need an SCV, although I've run a Holley with no SCV on the 144, just ported, and I couldn't tell any difference (of course a 144 is just varying degrees of slow!)

You're right. I though that was a picture of your engine.
An autolite 1100 (1.20" venturi) with SCV will work well on your engine with your distributor. When I bought my mustang (200ci), it had a 1.10" non-SCV, and it ran like crap. I swapped the carb for a 1.20" and installed a DSII distributor. The difference was very noticeable. Good throttle response and smooth idle.

Tom

Good advice with the larger carb and DSII. If you happen on to a 1101 it will go on with a few mods and apparently gives a good increase in power. What kind of air cleaner do you have?

I have the original air cleaner and both it and the valve cover are in the Mercury Yellow. I'm sticking with a totally stock look. I just want the car to be a bit more driveable.

Here is a pic of the old oil pan. Pretty obvious where the #6 rod cap was scraping the pan! Second pic is the extra special touch to the car (older folks or historians out there will get it!)

DEeee-Talin!!!
Cool!
Like the sticker. Should last a long time in ur climate?
(I remember him).

Back