All Small Six 2003 Ford Ranger swap...

This relates to all small sixes
The vehicle....
2003 Ford Ranger 3.0 V6 FLEX with an automatic transmission.
Odometer reads 218k miles. Engine was rebuilt witha 2010 Ford Taurus 8200 mile FWD bottom end converted to RWD after a failed oil pump cause 3 main bearing failures. The OEM heads were decked and rebuilt.
Transmission was rebuilt 20k miles ago.
I've thought about the 5.0 swap, for about 5.0 secs 😂, and almost decided on a 2.3 EcoBoost complete swap from a 2017 Mustang doner. I have massive spine issues (5, 8 hours surgeries and 4 fusions after 3 tumors were found in 2016) so I have to have an auto tranny. The 10 speed from the 'Stang is massive so no.
Then came doing a 2.3 Duratec, non turbo but rebuilt for turbo, then put with my OEM transmission. Almost did this.... but .... found out about the inline 6 baddy.
So.... I want it now.
I've not seen ANYONE do this. This might be for good reason though but I'd like to try.
The car is being built for JBL car audio as their product demonstrator. I have several other car audio sponsors as well as 5 vehicle non audio sponsors such as Raptorliner and Holley.
It's also being rebuilt as a baby "Raptor" so I naturally must go turbo on this straight 6.
Honestly, I really just need a parts list to start with as I build a knowledge base.
I think this could be a wonderful, but STRESSFUL, build.
Please ask me anything you would like to/need to, know. But yes, I probably am slightly crazy and will blame it on my spine, health, and narcotics multiple times!
😂 🤪 😆 🤢!!!
I'll attempt to put some pics up now!

Back