2100 Carb on a xflow 250?

A

Anonymous

I am looking for a 2V carb for the xflow. I am using the stock intake (less alot of emissions junk). Also right now the OZ fuel pump is on it. Not the glass top type but I am pretty sure it is off a carby motor. (No return fuel line)

Looking for a simple US carb that will provide nice power. I am looking at a ford 2100 2V carb as an option. This guy sells them on ebay without all the emissions stuff and custom set up for each engine. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Moto...ryZ33550QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

His price is kinda steep though. In any case will I need to find a fuel press regulator too? I remember alot of problems that US guys were having using the OZ fuel pump so I am still trying to figure that out. I have a US fuel pump but the arm seems longer and has a slightly different angle to it... should I use that?

I think the problems others had may have been trying to get the stock weber going. By the sounds of it you have an early crossflow, given the pump has no return line (all the Xflows I've had have had a return line, but I've only had '83 or newer).

Is it a cast-iron head? What carb came with it (if any)?

If I were you (on other side of the world), I'd chuck on a Holley 350, if you can make one fit. I once had a 250 Xflow with the Holley, man did it fly! But expensive to run. I didn't put it together though, so I'm not even sure if it had an adaptor on stock manifold, or a custom manifold. Adapters and/or manifolds are available here I think, but maybe you can make one up.

Maybe others can help here, all the tinkering I've done is with the weber.

the iron head x-flow came with a non-return style fuel pump. No glass bowl but with a metal top plate with about 8 screws in it. This pump will work fine with a holley. it's was intended for use with the 1bbl stromberg. Return line pumps didn't come in till they switched to the weber in late 82

Thats what I have. Some guys ran the numbers off my engine and said it was from an 81 falcon with the alloy head. I will try to use this pump with a holley 350 with a 65 main jet and a 6.5 power valve and see what happens.

this is it

pump.jpg

Back