All Small Six 221 SP Argentina ford sixi

This relates to all small sixes
Hola saludos desde Argentina, sé que el post tiene varios meses, les quería comentar que la caja de velocidades es efectivamente una Saginaw con selectora Hurst vinieron en el periodo 1973-1991 en reemplazo de la Ford 3.25 1970-1972. Si necesitan alguna información con respecto a los motores 221SP (73-85) o 188/221 MaxEcono (89~96) pregunten. Gracias por la buena información del foro.​

Hola saludos desde Argentina, sé que el post tiene varios meses, les quería comentar que la caja de velocidades es efectivamente una Saginaw con selectora Hurst vinieron en el periodo 1973-1991 en reemplazo de la Ford 3.25 1970-1972. Si necesitan alguna información con respecto a los motores 221SP (73-85) o 188/221 MaxEcono (89~96) pregunten. Gracias por la buena información del foro.​
Hello, greetings from Argentina, I know that the post is several months old, I wanted to tell you that the gearbox is indeed a Saginaw with a Hurst selector, they came in the period 1973-1991 to replace the Ford 3.25 1970-1972. If you need any information regarding the 221SP (73-85) or 188/221 MaxEcono (89~96) engines just ask. Thanks for the good information on the forum

Good score on that eng . From everything I have read or seen about the heads, It's as good as the classic / vintage inline alumn heads.

Jeff Jones on the Vintage 6 Mustang facebook page recentley did a comparison of a ported big log modified steel head,the Classic inline & one of the Argentina heads. The head bolts straight onto our 200/250 engs with no modifications un like the Australian cross flow head . As stated the exhaust manifold is not interchanagble with our 200/250 .

If you find you need some exhaust or intake gaskets it's possible that Jose Alverz on the Vintage 6 Mustang facebook site can supply some .

After cranking several small block Ford engs that set for 10 20,&25 years recentley that all ran excellent, 2 of which I own . I'd be inclined to oil the cylinders up ,prime the oil system , put it on a stand & fire it up .

Good score on that eng . From everything I have read or seen about the heads, It's as good as the classic / vintage inline alumn heads.

Jeff Jones on the Vintage 6 Mustang facebook page recentley did a comparison of a ported big log modified steel head,the Classic inline & one of the Argentina heads. The head bolts straight onto our 200/250 engs with no modifications un like the Australian cross flow head . As stated the exhaust manifold is not interchanagble with our 200/250 .

If you find you need some exhaust or intake gaskets it's possible that Jose Alverz on the Vintage 6 Mustang facebook site can supply some .

After cranking several small block Ford engs that set for 10 20,&25 years recentley that all ran excellent, 2 of which I own . I'd be inclined to oil the cylinders up ,prime the oil system , put it on a stand & fire it up .

Hello Wayne, do you have a link to that Jeff Jones thread? Couldn't find it...

Hello Wayne, do you have a link to that Jeff Jones thread? Couldn't find it...
No I don't ,But I'm sure there is some type of search feature for the site . I don't know if you go there but there are quite a few people on the site who are getting some pretty impressive HP #'s out of the small 6's .

Jeff Jones is an older guy who builds a lot of small 6's,that are bad ass , and sells modified large log heads . Aron Cox builds and runs turbo 6's ,supposed to be doing a 250 build with one of those heads on it . He recentley sold his turbo 200 eng pushing between 350/400HP .
Danny Stucker is a guy who does a lot of Holley Sniper tuning. I just watched a video he made at Jeff Jone's place about the Vintage inline alum head he had milled for direct fuel injection on an eng ,Jones is building for his car .

I've text all these guys at times & I feel sure if you go to the site any of them will tell you where to go to find the video . If you contact them .

You have a darned good start if not allready a pretty bad little 6 cyl . People would pay some surprising money for that motor. BUT DON'T BE CRAZY & sell it .
Good luck with it

Hello all- I am a long-time lurker but I finally to sign in to join this thread. I have a 221 ME head. Another member a long time ago (anybody remember John Yelverton from San Antonio) got married to a girl from Argentina. We were both pretty heavily into the 200 six. Her brother knew this and when he came for a visit to the States, he brought me a cylinder head, aluminum intake, a pair of the cast iron exhaust headers and several gaskets in his Carryon Luggage (it has been a long time- try that today). I installed it in my 67 Convertible and ran it for a while but life happened (marriage, kids, etc). I began working on the Mustang again a few years ago. New paint and I set it up as a 67 Shelby clone. I was thinking of replacing the six with a 302 Street Boss (302 with 352 Cleveland 2 barrel heads) but I got so many comments have kept it as it was. I was fun to drive but I was running a Weber 38/38 that has always given me a bunch of problems. I am switching to an Autolite 2100 but the process has been somewhat slow.

Attachments

• IMG_0726.jpg
    IMG_0726.jpg
    713.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0466.jpg
    IMG_0466.jpg
    1,001.7 KB · Views: 17
Hi and welcome to the Ford Six forum JMPsat! Congratulations that is a great looking 1967 Convert you have built. That's is a great story and it was really nice of him to bring you that 221 Head and parts Argentina. I only knew of the Australian 2V heads and hadn't even heard about the Argentina heads before seeing them on this Forum site. And speaking of bringing a Head on carry on Luggage I also did that once too back in the late 1960's. I had a 1928 Model A I had restored and started showing during my High School years. One summer when I was back helping on my uncles farm in North Dakota by luck I also found an Original 1928 Ford Script Head so I put it in my suit case and took it on the plane back, it was worth a couple extra points in a close show.

Yes one those Mini's looks like it would be a lot of fun too!

How' the argie head turning out mate? I have one sitting in my garage, hoping to get it on my 200 soon.

Hello all- I am a long-time lurker but I finally to sign in to join this thread. I have a 221 ME head. Another member a long time ago (anybody remember John Yelverton from San Antonio) got married to a girl from Argentina. We were both pretty heavily into the 200 six. Her brother knew this and when he came for a visit to the States, he brought me a cylinder head, aluminum intake, a pair of the cast iron exhaust headers and several gaskets in his Carryon Luggage (it has been a long time- try that today). I installed it in my 67 Convertible and ran it for a while but life happened (marriage, kids, etc). I began working on the Mustang again a few years ago. New paint and I set it up as a 67 Shelby clone. I was thinking of replacing the six with a 302 Street Boss (302 with 352 Cleveland 2 barrel heads) but I got so many comments have kept it as it was. I was fun to drive but I was running a Weber 38/38 that has always given me a bunch of problems. I am switching to an Autolite 2100 but the process has been somewhat slow.
I remember John Yelverton, I was active back in the late 90 on the forum. We were discussing the 250-2v heads and I found out about the Argentine 221s. They are similar to the Australian ones, probably originated here, so pistons rods, cranks would most likely be the same, ours had the Australian bellhousing pattern. The 188 is just a destroked 221, 3.46 against 2.94 bore is the same.

John is working in Federal law enforcement in Arizona-my wife and his wife still talk sometimes. After I had some kids, the Mustang got put on the back burner for a while (1.5 decades ). A few years back I began working on it again but got sidelined due to carb issues ( weber38/38 and a very cantankerous 2100) I just got a Holley 350 and it’s back on the road now. I was planning on replacing the 200 with a street boss ( 302 with Cleveland 2v heads) but every time I show it I get so many compliments and questions that I have decided to keep it. I have a 221 ME (max econo). The SP is pretty much the same except for some small changes in the intake and that it uses tube headers instead of cast iron headers (like the Jag 6 uses) my mechanic and I are still working on some minor distributor issues but we will hopefully be good to go soon. My mechanic says I should just drive it- I agree.

I built a street boss 302 to a cobra replica I built around that time, i ran it on LPG. had a close ratio t10 and jag suspension. I have a ute now.

Back