All Small Six 223 Aftermarket Roller Rockers from Rocker Arms Unlimited?

This relates to all small sixes

OzzLpZ

Hello All! Has anyone here dealt with this company, Rocker Arms Unlimited, in Redding, CA?

I've been debating between my 223 or getting a 300 to rebuild into a performer. While entertaining the idea for my current 223. I came across this website, http://www.rockerarms.com, that makes performance roller rockers for the 223. So just trying to see if anyone out there is familiar with them and if they are legit?

Thank you

X2 Yes they been around a long time and were the Rocker Arm Supplier for Classic Inlines, and I believe also still now for Vintage Inlines. I have never heard of anyone not getting good services form them.

Yes they custom make Ford 144, 170, & 200 Six 1.6 to 1 Ratio Rockers Arms using the stock early 1.5 to 1 Ratio Adjustable Rocker Arm Cores to be used on any of the the Ford 144, 170, 200, and 250 Small Six's. They also make Custom Higher Ratio Adjustable Rocker Arms for other engines too. They are also Making a new set of 1.65 Ratio Roller Rocker Arms for the Ford 144, 170, 200, and 250 Six's. Give them a call I am sure they can help you. My 262 Race engine build is stalled right now for lack of a core engine but my plain was to talk with them about building a Roller Rocker Arm Set for it. I do know that Jessel Rocker Arms can also make a custom set of Roller Rocker Arms for the 215, 223, & 262 Six's but its quite pricey. Fairly certain that I still have two New sets of (Six) Barker Rocker Arms in my Shop yet too.

Last edited:
Yes they custom make Ford 144, 170, & 200 Six 1.6 to 1 Ratio Rockers Arms using the stock early 1.5 to 1 Ratio Adjustable Rocker Arm Cores to be used on any of the the Ford 144, 170, 200, and 250 Small Six's. They also make Custom Higher Ratio Adjustable Rocker Arms for other engines too. They are also Making a new set of 1.65 Ratio Roller Rocker Arms for the Ford 144, 170, 200, and 250 Six's. Give them a call I am sure they can help you. My 262 Race engine build is stalled right now for lack of a core engine but my plain was to talk with them about building a Roller Rocker Arm Set for it. I do know that Jessel Rocker Arms can also make a custom set of Roller Rocker Arms for the 215, 223, & 262 Six's but its quite pricey. Fairly certain that I still have two New sets of (Six) Barker Rocker Arms in my Shop yet too.
Bubba- any interest in selling those Barker rockers?

@78_200_C4 @bubba22349 Sorry for the late response. Life...:rolleyes: lol

Anyways, thank you for your vouch/recommendations! I was very hesitant when I found them online because their website was very 90's if you know what I mean lol. I will also be looking into Jessel Rocker Arms, I just booked marked them.

Thanks again!

Maybe but your offer would have to be a very good one!
Evening Bubba. You have helped me quite q bit on my project and i am moving forward with my 262 build. I found a machine shop willing to help me that has a strong rep in the area for quality workmanship. I personally dont know that much about engine building but i do know the head is a place to spend alot of time and effort for results. I am going to be running the clifford intake and exhaust with the twin webbers and to take advantage of those items i need a head that flows as well as it has the potential to. Just for my curiosity would you pm me and inform /educate me of what a good offer might be for the Barker rockers you might consider parting with. I honestly dont know the value or in fact why those are so sought after, but I must assume it has to do with quality and scarcity of the set for this motor. If I'm correct it may be something I should be aware of as with less cubic inches available, everyone you have needs to count. If you have decided to keep the set I fully understand that and would still appreciate an education on the subject if you could spare the time. I dont have valued knowledge here to school me as Im kind of one my own in this endeavor. It's a learn as I go affair. Thank you
Rick

Back