All Small Six 24 valve DOHC head for the Falcon six?

This relates to all small sixes
I found this little bit of info on the ACTC, "Asociación de Correderes de Turismo Carretera" (this is like their Road Racer Association). Its the oldest race association in Argentina that started about 89 years ago. The organization regulates several race programs, including Turismo Carretera were only the inline Six cylinder engines are run in competition. The engines that they run there are the Mopar Slant Six 225, Ford 188/221, Chevrolet 198/ 250 and IKA Torino 188/230. So those heads were developed and specially cast to the ACTC, and they are only to be sold to the homologated racers of "Turismo Carretera" through their parts program.

ACTC Argentina Video’s @actcargentina
https://www.youtube.com/c/actcargentina/videos

An Argentinean 1980 Ford Falcon Sprint with a 221 Six might be like what those Ford Race Cars are based on.
https://www.fordmuscleforums.com/threads/hi-from-argentina-i-present-my-sprint-1980-221-six.490040/

Ive seen this stuff before, its a tribute to Ford that they can get the engines to hang together without destroying the block at 10,000rpm. AND I note that they do PROPER dyno test, not th fleeting tests that just about everybody else does. the Head has what appear to be lovely downdrafted inlet ports, this is inspired by the likes of Harry Weslake, Phil Irving and Cosworth. The 2 IDA webers look alike overkill at first glance, but at 10,000rpm, probably not, I also note no reversion fog when running, I also note that the engine ran like poop under about 5000, just as you would expect, imagine the cam timing they need to have to get that performance!

The ACTC launched the multivalve engines on March 22, 2015.
The heads are not for sale to the public. These heads were designed for ACTC races only in which 30,000 fans may attend.
Heads of 5 makes have to be supplied to all the TC race teams. I believe the heads or engines are rented by the teams. ACTC racing is controlled by the ACTC and this includes who can race these cars.
If you are searching for info. select Argentina as your search region. use a translator plug in.
Search for "Ford Multiválvulas." These Multiválvulas heads are also made for other 6 cylinder engines.
"The ACTC has multi-valve engines for the 5 makes and models that run on the TC. Ford for the Falcon prototype, Chevrolet for the Chevy, Cherokee Dodge for the Polara and Cherokee Torino for the Argentine Bull. While the Toyota Camry, which joined the TC in 2022, has Cherokee Dodge.

Here is a comment about the old naturally aspirated "varilleros" (3 liter OHV push rod Falcon) TC engines.
"I can talk about the power that we measure on our own test bench. The Ford engine is 374 horsepower on average, between 7,000 and 8,500 rpm.
And when he talks with colleagues from other countries at the shows he visits, what do they say when you say that you get 370 horsepower out of a six-cylinder in-line, rod (push rod) and aspirated engine?
-And… let's say that they simply don't believe me."

Cylinder heads are called either a lid or a cover in Argentina

The 24 valve DOHC project came to light around the year 2006 thanks to Jorge Pedersoli who presented engines with an aluminum top 24-valve with a double overhead cam.

what's with the two oil feeds to the rear and middle of block- for crank mains ? or cam bearings ?

what's with the two oil feeds to the rear and middle of block- for crank mains ? or cam bearings ?
Normally when you dry sump and engine you don't use the origin oil filter housing, its blocked off because the internal oil pump isn't used, therefore the galleries running directly to it would be redundant.
I would say that the aluminum filter housing blocks to old filter boss and oil is fed in and out the aluminum housing via those external lines. if you look at the left of the new housing you can see a screw in pressure relief valve.

Interesting article and to top it all off, Top Line Engineering Argentina, the company in charge of manufacturing the aluminum Caps (Heads) used in the multivalve motors of TC, TCP and TC Pick Up, went bankrupt and closed its doors in February 2018. Since then, while a new supplier capable of casting was found, ACTC managed the stock of kits that Top Line specially manufactured before the final closing, to meet - halfway - with the delivery’s.

You don't have to buy a head to be a fan.
Watch Mariano Werner in the Falcon six Esco, Recycler sponsored Fadel racing car. It's the car in the lead until it spins out.
WOW!

The announcer sounds like he's about to burst into flames, lol

Normally when you dry sump and engine you don't use the origin oil filter housing, its blocked off because the internal oil pump isn't used, therefore the galleries running directly to it would be redundant.
I would say that the aluminum filter housing blocks to old filter boss and oil is fed in and out the aluminum housing via those external lines. if you look at the left of the new housing you can see a screw in pressure relief valve.
By pass oil filter, oil comes out from original oil pressure opening, goes through the filter, then is returned to the sump through the unused fuel pump housing. The valves shown might be to control the pressure loss that would otherwise occur doing this.

mike - sez above "certified racers only" (w/in that class, sanctioned, affiliated, etc) I believe.
Shucks, eh? Did some1 say they'd fit our '60 - 83 ford usa motors?

Back