All Small Six 250 carb heater tube from exhaust manifold

This relates to all small sixes

Robandhooch

Subscriber
Hello all! Thanks for the add. Restoring my 1976 ford granada 250 c4 combo. Trying to sort out a sorce for new carb heater tube off the exhaust manifold. I did some custom break lines years ago, so i may still have my flaring tools, but it has been ages and ages.

Any help would be awesome.

Most of the chain auto parts stores carry them. I made one from a length of copper tube I had in my junk pile

Most of the chain auto parts stores carry them. I made one from a length of copper tube I had in my junk pile
Thanks, not a bad idea. I think my solution is to just negate it for now. Where i live its warm for most of the year, and these pinche peoples don't know how to drive in the warm let alone when we do get cold weather in...so i won't be taking it out much in the cold.

What did you use to make the flare that fits in the exhaust manifold for curiousities... the only little bit of flaring i've done has been for fittings to go on the end, singles, doubles, bubbles, but no cute oil dipstick style ends.

There wasn't a flare that fit in the exhaust manifold. Mine is just a hole through the manifold (not into the exhaust passage though) that the tube end press fits into. The end that goes in the carb has a flare and I used my el cheapo flaring tool (similar to this one) to make enough of a bump in the tube to seat the line in the carb well enough that the flare nut holds it in.

Back