'74 250 w/Al. head, 1.6:1 adj. stmp rockers - pedestal bolts

62Ranchero200

Famous Member
Greetings Ford Six Fans,

I am building a CI aluminum head assembly from scratch with CI's stamped 1.6:1 adjustable rocker assembly (not the roller-tipped or true roller rockers). Have been able to buy the head pre-assembled with valves, springs, dampers, and retainers. The rocker assembly completes the head, EXCEPT...

So far, CI has been unable to supply me with pedestal bolts, or even the specifications for the pedestal bolts (thread size, SAE, NC or NF, length, how much shank vs. threaded length, etc). I've asked Mike at CI for this information at least twice.

I sold the old log head from the 250, and the buyer wanted the complete assembly with pedestal bolts, so I don't have any old ones.

Do any of you have a set of pedestal bolts that you would be willing to sell? Does anyone have a pedestal bolt not currently being used in an assembly so that you could get the specs and send to me?

Thanks
Bob

8) to be fair, mike has a lot on his plate, and he does try to get back to people as quickly as possible. i do have a pedestal bolt i am not using, pm me your address and i will sip it out to you. you can then purchase similar bolts in your area. if you have them, check with fastenal or a place like copper state bolt company(?).

Back