All Small Six Adaptor for the Holley 350 carb to a 66 i6 200: which is best?

This relates to all small sixes
Question for the community:

Wondering if you have a rec for an adaptor that would fit the Holley 350 to a '66 200 i6 stock engine? Also wondering if you’ve got an air filter rec that would avoid clearance issues, as well as a throttle linkage kit that’d work for this.

Any thoughts are welcome!

Here are the options I've found. Am I on the right track?

Thanks!

Jack

Yes, that is the adapter. Make sure you put a little thread loc on the Allen screws. Mine came loose and caused a vacuum leak.
350 cfm? Just curious

Hi don, yes it’s the Holley 350 cfm. Having a world of trouble with clearing the valve cover to install, and clearing the hood when the air filter is on. We’re attempting to install the Holley alongside a D.U.I. distributor. If anybody has any advice on the throttle linkage, spacer size, stud size etc it’s been near impossible to find videos of this setup online. Would welcome any help I can get!

Your build sound like how mine is going to end up. I have a Holley 2300 350cfm. I have read about spacing up the carb to clear the valve cover and also mounting it so the bowel is not directly over the exhaust. Not a bad idea, I have also seen a plate type thing under the carb. I would guess it would work as a heat shield as well as diverting drips away from the exhaust. As far as linkage, it would be easier to use a cable to make the 90 degree bend. One post said a later model throttle pedal is easier to adapt to cable but I don’t remember what year mustang it was. 69?? I would like to keep it mechanical it not sure how to make the bend. I have come up with a few ideas it have not implemented them. I will follow this thread and see what pops up👍. A few photos on ideas to make the bend:🤔🤔

Attachments

• IMG_3399.png
    IMG_3399.png
    253.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3374.png
    IMG_3374.png
    322.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3376.png
    IMG_3376.png
    716.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3378.png
    IMG_3378.png
    902.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3373.png
    IMG_3373.png
    378.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
The small log 1.5" intake bore can be enlarged to 1-3/4" with a carbide bit in a die grinder. The aluminum adapter can be enlarged to match the enlarged intake bore with a 2 flute wood router bit in a trim router with the base removed. There is lots of material that can be removed from the small log intake bore especially where it makes the 90 degree turn.

Hi, I used a Lokar throttle cable on my Bronco. It attached to the gas pedal with no problems. I had to make a change to the bracket at the carb so the bracket wouldn't twist. I have a 3 speed so I didn't need a kick down lever. Vintage Inlines has remote air filters which may help. Good luck

350 cfm - 7448 2 bbl with 2X1 adaptor with spacer plate to clear VC, (actually a Mr Gasket' 2X1 adaptor), with SC but could also use remote air filter same config'. Not recommended to hang carb directly above Exh system / headers rising heat.
. (Maverick application)
. .
when used on 3X2 box plenum with a 500cfm - 4412 Holley , I modified the Edelbrock type trad' triangular air filter with replaced bottom riser from carb with a flush-flat plate to clear hoodline.
'61 Comet
. .
Maverick 'RBS' carb OEM air cleaner is about thinnest stock one. On a Holley/Weber 2Bbl setup I simply cut out center to fit H/W 5200 .

Cable over VC and OEM pedal from later FalComMav makes swapping carb linkage fairly simple ..

have 2X1 the fun ...

I noticed when I put an 1101 carb on my 200 that the older valve covers were a little taller than the later "Power by Ford" ones. My 1101 carb wouldn't clear the old valve cover but fit fine with the newer one. Not sure what kind you're having trouble with...

"...carb wouldn't clear the old valve cover but fit fine with the newer one."
... also wondered if early engines with adjustable rockers needed more clearance and early VC's were different than later non-adjuatable rocker VC's .
have fun

Last edited:
The small log 1.5" intake bore can be enlarged to 1-3/4" with a carbide bit in a die grinder. The aluminum adapter can be enlarged to match the enlarged intake bore with a 2 flute wood router bit in a trim router with the base removed. There is lots of material that can be removed from the small log intake bore especially where it makes the 90 degree turn.
I made a template that bolted to the original 1.500" flange bolts. The template had a 1.750" hole. Tightened the template down. I used a bi-metal hole saw and a Makita 18 volt hammer drill. I blocked the intake passages with closed cell foam. Used shop vac to collect chips and dust while drilling. Took several brakes to let things cool down. Don't forget to remove the foam.

Back