Ak Miller?

A

Anonymous

Anybody know if Ak Miller is still in business?

Was flipping thru Tubochargers by Hugh MacInnes, and saw where Ak was listed as supplying turbo kits for Ford-6 170, 200, 240, 250, 300 engines. Maybe he still does?

Got this off of another forum.The address is
http://www.fordbarn.com/streetrodder/we ... s;read=609

Ak's Shop is in Pico Rivera, Ca. The # there is (562) 949-8333. Good Luck

Try calling Offenhauser Equipment and ask for Jimmy. Ak used to use the dyno there. Not sure about the area code, but the number is 223-1307 in Alhambra CA

ryan":3hiw1h1b said:
Not sure about the area code, but the number is 223-1307 in Alhambra CA
The area code for Alhambra, CA is 626
GASSED260":3hiw1h1b said:
Ak Miller Turbocharging 562-949-2548
I just spoke to Jack at Ak Miller Turbocharging. He told me that they haven't done these since the 60s & 70s, and back then it was all custom fabrication work (never marketed as a kit). So they are not a source for turbo kits for Ford-6 170, 200, 240, 250, 300 engines.

Still it be interesting to do some more digging, maybe they have some old documents or something, they've already did the hard part, which is the research of what works and what doesn't.....looking for the parts would be easy! ;)

Alex

A few years back Mustangs and Ford magazine did an article on AK tubo setups. I just moved (waiting to move to new house) and tossed about 20 years of M&F and Mustang Monthly, however I did keep the the issues pertaining to six's. When I empty storage I'll see if I can locate. I'll email copies if anyone wants them. It will be a few weeks until I can get to this.

Mike

Is that the stock exhaust manifold on the 300? Or does the manifold come in the kit?

Is your kit installed, and how does it drive?

Oh, and thanks for the pictures, VERY cool looking!

The kit came with a stock exhaust manifold that had the outlet flange cut off and a turbo mounting flange in its place. The engine ran great and didn't have any problem keeping up with the V8s. I'll try and get some pictures posted of actual engine.

Curt

Are those indeed your engines, Curt? If so, we are in the presence of a real pioneer! :D

Yep they're mine, though I'm hardly a pioneer. I just got tired of getting beat by bent eights. I'm in the process of rebuilding the 300 along with the 56 F100 that it goes in. Once I get the engine back on the frame I'll post some pictures.

Curt

Awesome, Brother! :D

See y'all Tuesday. I'm off to the races in Portland.

can you give us some details how to how you have ur setup ran as well? im really curious about the turbos but dont have any experience.

Back