Alternator

Hi guys!! Just picked up a 1959 MKII Zephyr, alternator has given up and I was just wondering what I can replace it with? Currently is an EMAIL 35Amp 12v Neg earth. Was wondering if there was a replacement off the shelf ie. Bosch, Aeroflow or Hyundai, etc?

Cheers,
Clarky!

Hi guys!! Just picked up a 1959 MKII Zephyr, alternator has given up and I was just wondering what I can replace it with? Currently is an EMAIL 35Amp 12v Neg earth. Was wondering if there was a replacement off the shelf ie. Bosch, Aeroflow or Hyundai, etc?

Cheers,
Clarky!
Zephyr would have a generator from factory. if you have an email 35a they the bosch from a earlier falcon should fit, there are 55a jobs that can bolt in its place. Can you show a piccie? Castlemaine electrics has an alternator that looks like a generator mainly for the rod guys to fit on their flatheads. https://caenterprises.com.au/search_store.php?items=DYNOGEN

Put a 10si alternator on my 6 engines. Works great and they are inexpensive and available at any flaps. Have an interior regulator so all wiring and exterior voltage regulator can be deleted.

Back