[b]ATTENTION ALL 5200 OWNERS[/b]

63comet

We know have several people who have installed the H/W 5200 model carbs, and there seems to be a satisfied group. Now I know that every application is going to be different, depending on the amount of porting and different exhausts but, does everyone know what they have in jetting for their carbs and would you be willing to share what this might be, to enable others to have a starting point, and not have to start from scratch. These were originally installed, for the most part on 4 cylinders engines, so I am assuming that the jetting is not right, when we get them from Stovebolt or Ebay or wherever. Any help will be appreciated.

I am installing a H/W 5200 this week. I will post my jet settings associated with my engines rebuild specs by the end of the week.

...............Alex

When reading the jet numbers people post, be aware that there are two numbering systems for these jets. The old system is the diameter in millimeters, which will be numbers between something like 130-180. The new system uses flow rates which will have numbers in the 300's and 400's. That is why you may see vastly different numbers. Air bleed size is also important. If you use a smaller air bleed, the mixture will be richer. If you use a larger air bleed, the mixture will be leaner.

On my 200 which is pretty much stock, in the primary I have a 185 air bleed and a 135 jet. My secondary still isn't right so those numbers won't be very helpful.

Just opened my 5200 and i have 171 and 223 jets, my air bleeds(?) are 185 & 195.
I just installed the new 5200 after the car has been sitting for a month +, so I haven't tried any jet size upgrades yet, just happy to get it running

As for the mm vs flow rates size I found this web page regarding 5200 and includes a chart which gives "approximent" comparison. It deals with Mopar, but interesting info.

http://surpluselectron.com/aaron/holley.htm

Back