champion carb?!?!

A

Anonymous

autozone is selling a champion carb for a 68mustang (1bbl). I have heard of Carter, Autolite, Holley...but never champion...anyone have any info on this? It is ocnsiderably cheaper than the Holley and Auotlite...I'll bet you get what you pay for...

CHAMPION CARBURETOR for a 1968 FORD MUSTANG

Unit Price: $86.99
Core Value*: $50.00
Part No.: 6-713
Weight: 4.0 lbs.

Warranty: 1 YR

O.E.M. #C6DF-C, C6DF-D, C6DF-M, C6DF-N, C6OF-AE,
C6OF-G, C7OF-N, C7OF-R, C8OF-A, C8OF-B, C9DF-B

More then likely it was rebuilt by champion...they used to sell Tomco rebuilds. I'm not 100% sure though.

Slade

they still do sell tomoco..
just never heard of the champion rebuild and was wondering why it is so much cheaper

That price really isn't that cheap once you factor in core cost. I know that MU sells them for about $100 plus $15 core charge.

I've never heard of champion either.

Slade

compare it to the tomoco, autolite or holley rebuilt ones at $129.00...it is a bargain.

I have an Autolite 1100 which is a champion rebuild. Want it? How much money should I send with it so you will take it off my hands?

hey

I have heard of champion. they rebuild carbs the carb itself is probly a tomco. Champion Carbs are sh** when i first started my project i bought one and it was more trouble than what is it worth i recremend a holly 2300 series carb, i can get it for you for $250 directly from holley. If you have Headers on your car this car will work great for you. What i Found out is that if you want a little more power use a carb for a 289 and get the Carb Adaptor from Clifford Performance. I would Recremend either the holly above or a Holly 5200 series. If you arnt a holly fan like i am edlebrock makes one i think it is a #1405, This one will cost ya like $220.00 Also um Demon Makes one but not sure what # it is.

Back