CI Aluminum Head, Stock Rocker Arms and Pushrods?

kwschin

Have the CI aluminum head bolted to my daughter's 200 six and am bolting on bits and pieces in prep to mate it to the C-4 and then drop it into her 66 Coupe. Question: Will the stock rocker arms and pushrods work with this head? Looks like the rocker arms bolt right to the head, but I noticed a "Port" in the head below the front pedestal, but no matching hole in the pedestal. Did the strock rocker system get oiled only by the pushrods?

Thanks,
Keith "Shin" Schindler
Suffering from "Vehicular Addiction"

I believe that one of the OEM sets uses this method, regardless the stock setup will work.

Gerald.

Ps kinda curious to see pictures of this build, car and engine.

if you look at the rear pedastal for the rocker mount, you should see an oil feed, that is where oil is supposed to come from, then it travels up the rear bolt/pesdastal into the rocker arm shaft. this is a stock oiling system.

Now days you can go a different way, which IMO is better, you can use oil through lifters to push oil up the push rods and into the rocker itself, giving a much ballanced way of oiling. this type of oiling is mainly used for full roller rockers.

but each has it's advantages/disadvantages so there really is no real winner. just what you need.

If using the stock rockers, make sure the rear washer is 'mangled' a little in the center, this will help oil flow and not create a blockage.

Back