Converting Throttle Linkage???

here's my set up got all this from a 78 granada
Image001.jpg

Image003.jpg

Image004.jpg

Just an update, The cable bracket that Clifford sent won't work. It would put the cable above the throttle shaft, and the linkage is below.
I stopped by Top-end Performance and they weren't much help because
" The H/W 5200 is just a cheap rip-off of a Weber, and nothing we have will work" :roll:
Anyways, I think I figured out a bracket design that will work.
It mounts to the rear of the carb bolts, extends out about 2" , and then down 1 1/2" and over about 2" .
I made a sample out of sheet metal , I just need to find someone who can fabricate it out of steel.

Too bad about Top End. Ten years ago I used to hang out there all the time working on various projects. They helped me and my friend build some interesting cars. (like LA's fastest '84 nissan sentra - it wasn't very fast really, but I'm sure it was the fastest sentra around) A couple of times we rented the streets of willow. That was fun. Unfortunately, they get a bit curmudgeony at times, especially Steve, the owner. If you really press him, then he lightens up and is helpful. I called him about a similar problem recently and he hooked me upo with a nice bit of cable, and a variety pack of ends. I'll be riggin up a cable conversion using the stock z bar. I'll let you know how it owrks (if it does!)

Back