Diesel Inliner.

Cool23

Famous Member
TCIC 300ci":36fzf7yf said:
thats really sweet. but whats up with the wing?

The wing has a few tricks :wink: and hides a mass of LED's in both indicators and stop tail lights.
 

Cool23

Famous Member
At last. Will be in Top coat / color next week.
 

Cool23

Famous Member
TCIC 300ci":2gsfvd9l said:
so from lookin at the sleeper ur going with a green like calypso green?

1966 Aussie Falcon colors - green velvet metalic ( original color but with more metalic ) Sleeper, cabin, bonnet and Merino White for the guards.
 

shmoozo

Famous Member
Cool23":3aow9te0 said:
TCIC 300ci":3aow9te0 said:
so from lookin at the sleeper ur going with a green like calypso green?

1966 Aussie Falcon colors - green velvet metalic ( original color but with more metalic ) Sleeper, cabin, bonnet and Merino White for the guards.

Nice color choices. Tasteful. That's going to be very easy on the eyes.

Out of curiosity, what are your plans for the wheels? Alloy? Chrome? Painted steel?
 

Cool23

Famous Member
shmoozo":lvvwkj0i said:
Nice color choices. Tasteful. That's going to be very easy on the eyes.

Out of curiosity, what are your plans for the wheels? Alloy? Chrome? Painted steel?

Wheels are Alcoa Hots Shots. Chosen because they have a similar look to the Halibrands and they look good as duals. If you go back you will see the rear wheels are on. I had to import three steel wheels from Canada for the spare and the inner duals.
 

shmoozo

Famous Member
Cool23":2ulgu03k said:
shmoozo":2ulgu03k said:
Nice color choices. Tasteful. That's going to be very easy on the eyes.

Out of curiosity, what are your plans for the wheels? Alloy? Chrome? Painted steel?

Wheels are Alcoa Hots Shots. Chosen because they have a similar look to the Halibrands and they look good as duals. If you go back you will see the rear wheels are on. I had to import three steel wheels from Canada for the spare and the inner duals.

Nice wheels. That is going to be a mighty fine looking truck.

:)
 

Cool23

Famous Member
TCIC 300ci":18cx3p8z said:
srry if you had already said this but what are you going to do with this truck?

You build it because you can then you - Drive it, show it and just enjoy it :D
 

02Puffer

New member
This will surely be a beauty when rolling.

If i may ask, are you still planning on lpg injection? It works well in very small amounts for economy, but the cylinder pressure spike during combustion wreaks havoc on the small ends of the rods in bigger volumes.
A decent set of injectors will run about the same for a big lpg kit, and the reliability is awsome. What other diesel work have you done? gassers are great but i love how tweaking an injector pump can net 50+ horsepower. Best of luck withe the build.
 

Cool23

Famous Member
TCIC 300ci":2o54aovk said:
all right. u taking it 2 car shows?
looks like it would be good for a camping trip.

Yes I fully intend to and .....we will run the street hack out of the enclosed car trailer to use whilst the show is on :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

02Puffer":2o54aovk said:
This will surely be a beauty when rolling.

If i may ask, are you still planning on lpg injection? It works well in very small amounts for economy, but the cylinder pressure spike during combustion wreaks havoc on the small ends of the rods in bigger volumes.
A decent set of injectors will run about the same for a big lpg kit, and the reliability is awsome. What other diesel work have you done? gassers are great but i love how tweaking an injector pump can net 50+ horsepower. Best of luck with the build.

Yes I am running the LPG injection and as yet have to finish it when we reassemble the truck after paint. Only needs one LPG injector before the turbo. I have some good connections with Cummins and cummingracing.com so all will be ok :wink:. LPG will be set only for economy at the early stage so as we burn the Diesel cleaner but that does give us some power advantages. By doing that the motor will run better on the long haul going to shows and events.
 

Cool23

Famous Member
23rd August 2008. Cab is in Color and was all painted in less than a day. Doors will be next along with the bonnet and guards.

 

Cool23

Famous Member
All happening here I can tell you.


Out of the paint shop on the 25th August and back on the chassis.

All done.

Next to deal with the Doors, Bonnet, Running boards, Front guards ( Rust remove and paint ) and reassemble the interior of the cab.
 
Top