Distributor Rotor Spring clip

sparkyj

Any idea who might stock a spring retainer clip for a distributor rotor? My engine is a 66 200.

Are these still being made?

I've seen some posts here saying teflon tape is an alternative.

Thanks....

From what I can tell these were not just a 6 thing. I think they are the same for any autolite points dizzy. They seem to be among those magic parts that never existed. I would imagine that someone makes them you just need to run into a parts guy that knows what it is since its not in the computer. Only time I ever got one was in a New Holland 'tune up kit' for a tractor.

I have had good luck with the teflon tape.

fordconvert":174bpl06 said:
From what I can tell these were not just a 6 thing. I think they are the same for any autolite points dizzy. They seem to be among those magic parts that never existed.

if we're talking about the spring clip thingie on top of the solid shaft of a load-o-matic dizzy - no, they did not come on every points-type distributor by Autolite.
You could be right on the load-o-matics found on the Y-blocks and such, prior before FoMoCo started phazing out this kind of dizzy advance mechanism for all their makes and models, except those equipped with the falcon six.

The reason why a part number cannot be found is because this retaining clip was not a service or replacement part.

I'd try to get me another distributor for cheap to rob parts from. Thats how I got my retaining clip for my load-o-matic - it was missing on an otherwise good, rebuildable unit.

I just found the part number for the tractor. If you have a New Holland dealer near you it may be worth a try.

8N12213 Clip, Rotor Spring

I took the link out, guess its one of those that when it started with a search it expires. At least you found it. Looks like it fit several models over the years so its worth a try taking that part number to anywhere with tractor parts.

Back