efi conversion for 250 crossflow

A

Anonymous

i recently blew the motor up in my xf ute ( during new year, being silly) and have just dropped a second hand efi 250 in but have put the carby and inlet manifold on instead . just wondering hoe hard it is to convert to efi . i am holding onto the plenum with the hope of turning efi one day people tell me that its just a matter of hooking up the wiring harness along with the fuel line , but that sounds a bit vague dont you think

Thankfully in there wisdom Ford when wiring up the XF EFI's seperated the Engine wiring loom from all the rest of the loom. So all you need to do is get you hands on a engine (Left side) wiring loom and gete it installed. Theres maybe 10 wires max under the dash that need hooking up, and you'll need to fit either a external EFI fuel pump or get you hands to a XG/XH EFI feul tank with the internal fuel pump in it.

You sure its an EFI motor? the EFI cams dont have a lobe to drive the mechanical fuel pump on them..

What sort of distributor are you using? is it the XD/XE/XF leaded petrol dizzy, or the XF EFI/Unleaded dizzy? Either way, it doesn't really matter, since both the XE and XF came with EFI.. I'd probably go for the XF end of the scale, if its got the leaded petrol style dizzy, swap it over for the XF EFI dizzy, that's computer controlled along with the fuel injection, and has a knock sensor, to take timing out if you cop a shabby tank of juice.

As for all the bits, it'd probably be best to get your hands on a falcon thats unlicenced or got a yellow sticker.. Getting all these odds and ends from a wrecker would cost you a small fortune.

Another idea would be to put in an OHC multipoint motor in.. That'd mean more messing about, but its doable.. It'd give you more grunt, and probably some better economy too..

yeah its definately an efi coz its got the big plenum on top all i did was put the inlet manifold from the blown motor along with the old rocker cover. its unleaded so i guess its running with ulp dizzy

Back