Falcon midget/bonneville engines

A

Anonymous

come on, there must be a few old timers that remmember when the Falcon six came out and was used in dirt-track midgets and a few bonneville streamliners .... I recall seeing a photo of a paxton-puffed tudor runnin' at bonneville too! heck, even the boat racers got in the act, didn't they? two guys who would know are Bill Stroppe and Akton Miller .... well, too bad Bill passed on, but, is Ak still around?

Check out my web-page:

http://www.vintagehydroplanes.com/cumonbaby.html

There was a Algon fuel-injected Midget running in the Tacoma, Wa area in the late/early 1960/70's. There were many hydroplanes in the 145 cu in (stock) and 150 cu in (modified) classes that used the 144 cu in Ford Falcon. Chip Hanauer from Unlimited Hydroplane Racing fame made his inboard racing debut in a stock Falcon hydroplane.

Randy Wold

Open Vintage Hydro--- last pic that has to be the biggest AMAL carb ever.

Question, did the boat use a "V" drive? Carbs and Exhaust are on driver side.

HEY THERE XTBIRD

SO... ANY ONE WHO ANSWERS IS AN OLD TIMER OR SOMETHING?

HOT ROD PUT OUT HOT RODDING THE COMPACTS IN 1962 OR 63. I HAVE IT AND IT SHOWS ALL THE FORD, GM, AND CHRYSLER SMALL RACING TRICKS. ....... I JUST WENT TO FIND THAT MAG. AND COULDN'T SO I GUESS YOU ARE RIGHT, I'M AN OLD TIMMMERRR....WITH A BAD MEMORY!! :D :D :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

LIVE IN GRACE

LEROU POLL

Thad.....Those are 42mm Dellorto carbs with remote float bowls on Methanol fuel. The boat has a direct drive off the crankshaft snout so that the propellor turns clockwise.

Back