All Small Six Falcon Six Performance Handbook Status

This relates to all small sixes

John Ha

Supporter 2022
Supporter 2023
I'd written a letter to David Schjeldahl asking about the handbook. I received his reply yesterday.

David says he's 81 and in poor heath, and that production and distribution of the handbook is now in the hands of his deceased brother's wife. He thought she was looking for a buyer. He is going to get in touch with the wife to see where that stands and intends to let me know what he finds.

In my letter I had asked about scanning the handbook and sharing it as a pdf. He said "that is not an option". My take from that is any pdf copy you find for sale or share is a violation of the Federal copyright law. It would also be a violation to share a scan of your copy.

I'll post any additional information I receive.

Seems like a vendor honoring a content licensing agreement would be the only way to get it back into the wild, legitimately.
The logistics of a single individual (non-vendor) ponying up enough to get it printed, bound, and distributed to 3rd party sellers is likely a big enough headache to keep it from ever happening.

Rick(wrench)

In my letter I had asked about scanning the handbook and sharing it as a pdf. He said "that is not an option". My take from that is any pdf copy you find for sale or share is a violation of the Federal copyright law. It would also be a violation to share a scan of your copy.

Sounds like they need to hurry up and figure out a way to get that book back out to people then. Shouldn't be punished for someone's inability to get content to people who want it, especially if people are doing it for free.

Last edited:
.Put a post in the wanted section of the forum.
You may get an answer from someone who replaced the six for a V8 & no longer needs it.

Sounds like they need to hurry up and figure out a way to get that book back out to people then. Shouldn't be punished for someone's inability to get content to people who want it, especially if people are doing it for free.
You need to understand that it's not being done out of spite. We're talking about old people - 80's. One loses a lot when one gets old, and life can become a major battle. Health gets worse. People you love die (David's brother, for example). Life hurts and beats you down. Sometimes it makes no sense to get back up and fight it all, and all one wants to do is be.

You also have to understand the years of effort that went into assembling the content in that book. If I'd put it together and held a copyright on it, there's no way in hell I'd allow or tolerate some other jerk profiting from my work by selling counterfeit copies, whether paper or electronic.

If you're serious about continuing it and are serious about purchasing the rights, PM your contact information to me, and I'll pass it along to David to pass along to his sister-in-law, who's handling it. I'm sure she'd get in touch with you.

If you're not in a position to purchase it, I'd recommend following @wsa111 's suggestion.

I have a copy, I don’t and never will agree with not being able to share it with those not fortunate enough to get a copy.

If they were smart they would make it an ebook to eliminate the need of a physical copy.

Back