Ford 8N tractor 6 cyl flathead engine

A

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me exactly what ford engine was used for the Funk 6 cyl conversions with the Ford 8N, 9N, and 2N tractors? It was a flathead six and was supposedly also used in Ford cars and trucks in the 1950-1953 era. What nomenclature would I use to describe the engine when looking for parts? It apparrently had around 80-90 HP. There were several thousand of these kits sold

The company that sold the conversion kits was named Funk (had something to do with aircraft also) and is said to have used a Ford "Industrial" engine. These were sold to Ford tractor stores and the conversion were usually done by the dealers.

Can parts be had anywhere for these engines?

mikeinkaty@sbcglobal.net

I believe the six-cylinder conversion used the 1947-51 226 truck engine.
The industrial version was used too, and may have been produced for a longer period of time.

Kanter Auto Products still sells the parts, but I'm sure that many other companies do as well.

Greetings Mike T; Give me a run down on the norminclature of your Alternator bracket. In which way does your bracket mount to. I'm always looking for different ways, and ideas to mount parts to our flatty six motors. Do you suppose you can take a close up pic of the bracket and post it? Thanks.....Vinny G.

Back