Wanted I am in need of a 1961 to 1965 Ford 262 Six Head or a Long Block Engine Core

bubba22349

Top Poster
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
Departed Member
Looking for a 1961 to 1965 Ford 262 Six, Long Block engine core for a Race Engine Build up with Twin Turbo's or just the Head for now to be able to get started on all the Head Mods and the building of all the Hot Side Parts. Or I could also use a 1967 Ford 242 Six Diesel Short Block Core, these engines were used in the Ford Commander 6000 Series Tractors. Thank you for your help!

Thank you very much 62bigwindow, I will for sure contact him.

Hi 62bigwindow, I heard back from Ted Eaton this morning, he can't help me as he only has the one 262 that he got in June and is looking for another as a spare these are going to be dedicated for use in the Bonneville Race Truck Project.

Hi 62bigwindow, I heard back from Ted Eaton this morning, he can't help me as he only has the one 262 that he got in June and is looking for another as a spare these are going to be dedicated for use in the Bonneville Race Truck Project.
Is that the same XO/PP project I see on the HAMB?

Hi FTF, yes that would be my best guess though he didn't tell me all the exact details. The XO/PP Virginia Hamb Team also put the word out they were looking for a 262 engine this summer around June and than found one recently, but I could be wrong in my assumptions and there is another Bonneville project getting a 262 too.

Did you ever find the engine you needed? I found a couple on Facebook Marketplace.

Not so far all the leads I have gotten for a 262 Six didn't Pan Out, I did find couple late 223's though back east and one in Calif.

I found a couple. I’ll PM you think links with screenshots just in case the links don’t load.

I found a couple. I’ll PM you the links with screenshots just in case the links don’t load.

Back