High Energy Oil Pan w/Windage Tray (200ci only)

JMB

Has anyone used this oil pan from Classic Inlines?
Is it worth putting on a basically stock motor? Thanks.

Product ID: HEP-200-PAN
High Energy Oil Pan w/Windage Tray (200ci only)

http://classicinlines.com/proddetail.as ... D200%2DPAN

These square bottom 7 quart capacity oil pans feature a built in windage tray and oil scraper to reduce oil splash, foaming and parasitic drag. This increases horse power and aids in reducing the engine oil temperatures. Chrome plating an oil pan is not recommended as it will reduce the pans ability to dissipate heat.

Always helps to have more oil. Only downside I see is the increased cost when you do an oil change.

i can't see the benefit on a stock or even mild engine. I would invest in a header or ignition upgrade.

You've got to start somewhere, The oil pan I don't believe will gain anything significant with a stock engine, but if you keep adding to it, it will benefit.

$300? You'll never see any advantage. Plump an oil cooler instead if you really want to address any supposed oil concerns.

At least it's nice to know that these parts are available to the serious hard core racer/engine builder...I'd like to see a supercharged alcohol injected 200 pushing 800HP :LOL:

I am thinking of changing my existing oil pan anyway because the drain plug on this oil pan is located in the center of the back part of the pan right beside the crossmember.

Every time I have to do an oil change I have to remove the crossmember because the drain plug is blocked by it.

I can't even fit a wrench on the drain plug with out removing the crossmember.

I guess I could just keep removing the crossmember everytime I do an oil change but its such a hassle.

I don't know why my oil pan is like this cuz all of the other 65 , 66 Mustangs I have seen have the drain plug on the side of the pan and not in the back center facing the crossmember like mine.

Has anyone else had this problem aswell? Thanks.

It would be great if we could get a windage tray or a crank scraper that we could sandwich between a couple of oil pan gaskets.

Why not install a new drain plug?
I built my own crank scraper that bolts just inside the pan rail. I am using a 351W though so I don't know if you have room on a small six or not.

The stock pan is like a bathtub with oil in it.

On hard acceration or deacceraation the oil moves around the open pan with no restraint.

If you don't want to spring for the best pan. At least weld in a baffle & a scraper rail matching the 7 qt. pans design.

Doing this you might show a 2 HP gain at only high engine speeds, but the oil control in the pan would be worth the effort.

On a high rpm engine, 5500-6500 you might gain 4-6 HP, now its worth the $$$ for the good pan.

I just like oil control to make sure the oil pickup never runs dry. Bill

Back