Introduction and Carb/Dizzy Combo for a 62 Comet

I would go through the brakes entirely. Upgrade to a dual master cylinder if it has a single type. 3 point safety belts. Upgrade the ignition to a pertronix, save some money and just buy an oem type 2.2-3 ohm coil or a 1.5 ohm if you want or need a hotter coil, it won't matter spending more on the coil imo. You need to run the ignition off straight 12v with a pertronix anyway. Up the timing to what the engine wants, probably 10-16 btdc. Do a compression test, and then a leak down if you find a low spot. Go through the carb, it probably needs a rebuild and start the tune with a fresh carb and ignition system, wires, plugs ect. I don't know where you are but make sure the choke is working and set up right. All of that is pretty cheap. You may have $300 in the brakes if you replace everything but the drums, but including having them spun on a brake lathe. And that should be the biggest cost assuming the engine/head is ok. It would be a good idea to pull the tank sender when the tank is empty and examine the sender sock and the tank and lines. Tank vent, ect, all that can be a real pain in the ass troubleshooting problems later and you don't know what you haven't looked at. If she's into it, start building that 200 or drop an LL8 in there... I know,.. sacrilege.....

"point of order! point of order!" he shouted.
Aint these ol clunkers safer jus cuz they got the frame under? (well, it helps anyway...
:nono: no, chad (1.....1,000)

What frame? You're driving a bronco, you've got the same unibody/frame on body type construction right? Fwiw, it's completely insane the cost of early broncos now. You're a rich man Chad! Like I can get a 96 bronco top of the line in good to descent condition for less than 5K, but a beater like yours runs 20-30K .... wtf?

yeah, right priceless :roll:
If I get rida it I can't afford nother
Whasa 1st gen enono w/efi 250 worth? I bet the same.
We're not sellin tho...

Back to da car. We (me?) wanna steal the thread'n (as rocky sez) ID the inexpensive, rational pep'n safety upgrades.
I think the car, by it frame on chassy construction design alone, is inherently safer (da G*d D%$n Tank !). Just need to slo it dwn & help it handle better (w/todays' urban/suburban more chaotic traffic factors).

Some entertaining banter going on! ha ha

Anyways I did a little digging on the archives and figured out I had a D style Dizzy so I just ordered the Pertronix 1266
should have it in hand by Friday and hopefully installed by the weekend.

Question:
Is there a link in archives on how to post pics?
I use to be on forums like 10 years ago and it use to be a lengthy process

There is some basic info in the FAQ but i have found that Flikr works the best, after youve uploaded an image you can go to share and click on BBCode select the size then copy the link paste it in post wherever you want it to be and delete everything except whats between the two

Bubba and Comet

Thanks for the help

I decided to just add a link
see my previous post

let me know if it works on your end

Thanks

Chapa71, the link dosnt work 403 error saying that you need to be signed in or some other type permission to view it. :banghead:

Chapa71":3iovsfdo said:
let me know if it works on your end
no, but only cuz yahoo bought flickr
and I haven't logged into my yahoo account since 2008...

May B just follow our founder's instruction (Mike may B 'gone' but he's not gone) as seen in bub's post (#28).
I think that way U see the pic in the body of the post...
(y)

chad":3nja5n7b said:
"point of order! point of order!" he shouted.
Aint these ol clunkers safer jus cuz the got the frame under? (well, it helps anyway...
:nono: no, chad (1.....1,000)

I think chad is saying they are not.

Indeed not.

If you haven’t see this video before, it’s a crash test of a 1959 Chevy into a 2009 Chevy Malibu. The 2009 Malibu driver would have had some bruises. The 1959 Chevy driver would have died instantly.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6cgNPvNulgU

I’ve looked up the data for car accidents. The safest (fewest deaths per thousand crashes) are modern mid sized SUV’s
The Volvo midsize sedan is one of the safest cars, and close to the SUV.

I didn’t mean to derail the thread. I just read daughter, daily driver, 1962 car and it gets me going.

OP, have fun with the car, I hope it works out.

Thanx Max.
I'd hafta make a new thread'n leave this guy alone...
Nother story.

Chapa71":z3okrqc4 said:
figured it out!
Oh, I C it now - red on red.
Yes, U did figure it out!
Thank you!
(y)
I agree wid bubs...

Nice looking car, I love it. It screams potential, looks good and straight.

This is off topic, but I didn't know and chad didn't say, "woah, woh there, I gots a frang mang." I guess early broncos do have frames. Sorry, I needed to clarify that for myself.

Back