Location of Ignition Module

Mr Comet

I have the GM ignition module, a old computer heat sink a flat piece of aluminum and am looking for all input and ideas out there of locations to mount the module. I have seen under the dash but have anyone attempted locations in the engine compartment with success? All ideas welcome!!

Im building mounting bracket out of aluminum to mount my pump, ignition module, coil, etc, on the drivers side at the front. My rational is that itll be far enough away from the engine/exhaust to dissapate heat easily.. No pics tho obviously. Also I deleted the windshield washer system.... If thats importatn to you Im not sure where youd mount it

I've run the GM ignition trigger with a DSI distrib for @ 5 years on street and track 250. It's mounted on the shock tower fastener on an old heat sink' and have a "spare" underneath (never used). Be sure to use some heat sink grease and it should be cool...

have fun

i have always mounted my ignition modules drivers side front ahead of the shock tower. even with a bent motor its far enough away from any high heat sources that problems generally wont occur. you have a heat sink, and if you use the proper dielectric grease, it will keep the module cool enough.

Back