looking for 1100 tuning info

well I got my 1100 in the mail yesterday off ebay and was looking for some tuning info on it. also woul dbe interested in any mods that could be made to it.

nick

HELLO 62FAIRLANE170

....YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEMS. THE 1100 IS A LITTLE BIGGER FOR A 170.

....YOU JUST NEED TO CHECK THE FLOAT LEVEL. MAKE SURE THE JET HAS NOT BEEN DRILLED OUT, ALITTLE WD/40 ON THE POWER/BOOTER ROD,AND FLOAT PIN, THROTTLE ACTION AND BUTTERFLY AREA. LOOK FOR RUST OR ANYTHING THAT SHOULD NOT BE INSIDE.

....YOU MIGHT PUT SOME GAS INTO THE BOWL AND SEE IF ALL GAS PASSAGES ARE WORKING. (IF NOT REBUILD IT NOW.)

.... THIS CARB. IS BIGGER THAN MOST THAT CAME OUT IN 1962. YOU WILL MOST LIKELY FEEL A SMALL LOSS AT THE LOW END BUT AFTER IT IS RUNNING YOU SHOULD FEEL MORE POWER.

GOOD LUCK

LIVE IN GRACE

LEROY POLL

well I got another problem. I picked up a kit for it since they had one in stock for $14 but after cleaning it all up I noticed my pump covers are warped. when laid flat on a surface teh middle of the sides come up like some one over tightened it. I noticed the new pump diaphrams have a little gasket material on them but is this normal? should I use a file to true up the pump covers? other then that it is ready to assemble and put on the car. oh yeah one more thing is the air cleaner base the same for both carbs? (my current one being a 1909)

nick

My pump covers are warped, too. I noticed that Pony Carburetors sells the accelerator pump cover for about $13, IIRC.

Back