All Big Six Machine Shop SF Bay Area? (South?)

Relates to all big sixes

Mojoworkin

Supporter 2021
It's time I found me a machine shop near me. I'm in the San Jose/Campbell/Los Gatos area. There has got to be some good shops nearby. So far forum searches have turned up little- nothing within an hour's drive.

Right now I need some head work done, but If I play my cards right, I may have more projects down the road.

I'm really enjoying getting back to building/maintaining my own rides!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
It's time I found me a machine shop near me. I'm in the San Jose/Campbell/Los Gatos area. There has got to be some good shops nearby. So far forum searches have turned up little- nothing within an hour's drive.

Right now I need some head work done, but If I play my cards right, I may have more projects down the road.

I'm really enjoying getting back to building/maintaining my own rides!

Thanks in advance.
Have you tried Gromm Racing?

https://www.facebook.com/Grommracing/

I was going to contact them regarding my 300 build.

I found both.

The machinist was the in-house guy for several auto parts stores In the Santa Cruz area. He just retired and is now building himself a killer shop on his property in the Santa Cruz mountains. I'll post it here when I get his info again.

I went and visited him to talk about some options, And he was super helpful and generous with his time. I don't think he's a builder, but he'd be a great option for getting a the parts sorted.

But here's the ironic thing: I'm ready to get the head to the machinist, but I lost his contact information. I lost his contact information! I'm going to have to drive out there and just drop the head off early next week.

I also found a great shop. B&J Automotive in Campbell. Full disclosure, They did mess some stuff up on my truck, but we're super fair about addressing it. They could have told me to go pound salt. If Mark at B&J is busy, there is also Larson Automotive right next door. Both are excellent and highly recommended by somebody I trust.

Last edited:
I sadly had repeatedly negative experiences with Gromm. Victory Machine in Campbell seemed competent, but they didn't seem interested in six work. I've had a flywheel resurfaced at A&M motor supply in Los Gatos, I really liked them, but they just resurface (i needed my head milled after Gromm neglected to). I ended up going to Victory Cylinder heads in Modesto (my work takes me all over norther California) and they were awesome.

I found both.

The machinist was the in-house guy for several auto parts stores In the Santa Cruz area. He just retired and is now building himself a killer shop on his property in the Santa Cruz mountains. I'll post it here when I get his info again.

I went and visited him to talk about some options, And he was super helpful and generous with his time. I don't think he's a builder, but he'd be a great option for getting a the parts sorted.

But here's the ironic thing: I'm ready to get the head to the machinist, but I lost his contact information. I lost his contact information! I'm going to have to drive out there and just drop the head off early next week.

I also found a great shop. B&J Automotive in Campbell. Full disclosure, They did mess some stuff up on my truck, but we're super fair about addressing it. They could have told me to go pound salt. If Mark at B&J is busy, there is also Larson Automotive right next door. Both are excellent and highly recommended by somebody I trust.
Any update on the contact info of the Santa Cruz builder. I am heading there in July on my week off. Trying to find someone to do a 2v and valves. Thanks Dan

Any update on the contact info of the Santa Cruz builder. I am heading there in July on my week off. Trying to find someone to do a 2v and valves. Thanks Dan
Nam is Jim. Forget the name of his business. Everyone that I've run into that knows him says he's the real deal. Cool guy.
(831) 428-5775

Nam is Jim. Forget the name of his business. Everyone that I've run into that knows him says he's the real deal. Cool guy.
(831) 428-5775
I'll see if I can find out more info, or if someone else does please post what you found.

Has anyone used Joes Engine Shop in Concord, CA?

Back