All Small Six Mechanic Wanted for Performance Parts

This relates to all small sixes

Cesarvi17

Subscriber
Supporter 2023
Hey guys, have a 65 mustang with a 200 in it. Bought a decent amount of parts for the engine (distributor, cam, lifters, cam spacer, couple of gaskets, 2 bbl carb with adaptor and linkage, new head [considering port and polish] and new springs for it, headers, and new timing chain) and pretty much no mechanic in my area really wants to do it. I contacted a couple of mechanics from the forums, and they essentially don’t want to do it either (they never returned my email/calls). I wanted to get it done before I got married (July 31st) but I’m sure at this point it’s too late. Looking for a mobile mechanic preferably at this point but if none are available, no big deal. I’m located in SoCal [LA County].

Just wondered if you are looking for a completed cylinder head maybe & what kind?

View attachment 11761
I would love a completed new cylinder head like the ones you got there. However, i just bought a 78 log that’s been rebuilt (I got new springs that were meant for a v8 as recommended from Matt’s guide book). If I end up buying a new head, my soon to be wife will kill me!

Your getting a very late start to be able to be done by July 31, but I am sure there is likely someone in your nearby SoCal area that can do that install work for you. If not and if you wanted to travel to Az let me know.

Your getting a very late start to be able to be done by July 31, but I am sure there is likely someone in your nearby SoCal area that can do that install work for you. If not and if you wanted to travel to Az let me know.
Yeah I looked into mechanics since the beginning of June. A few mechanics all just tell me they would rather do a v8 swap for me and that I’m only going to gain unnoticeable power from the work I want done. I’ll consider the Arizona drive since I have family over there, thanks

I would love a completed new cylinder head like the ones you got there. However, i just bought a 78 log that’s been rebuilt (I got new springs that were meant for a v8 as recommended from Matt’s guide book). If I end up buying a new head, my soon to be wife will kill me!
Buy one that been did & sell your head. You wind up better off. You won't have any problem selling a big log head .

We have no info in the sig to understand very much. Sooo...
I'l just say 'have U cked our "local mechanic's" forum (listings/ratings)?"

We have no info in the sig to understand very much. Sooo...
I'l just say 'have U cked our "local mechanic's" forum (listings/ratings)?"
Of course, they never returned my email (of course I called to let them know I sent an email).

yes. The closest to me was L and R engines. I heard good stuff from the guys here and I was crossing my fingers it would work out.

so how goes it? R they well recommended? Get a price quote up front? Have U told them excatly what U want or R they running the show. R they into it yet or its still in the que for work?

Called and emailed them couple weeks ago. In email, told them specifically what I wanted done. They seem well recommended. They never got back to me for a quote and they never got back to me if they would do it.

OK at least they do not have ur motor, no?
I'd suggest a shoulder tap on the fella (not many women show here) who laid dwn the referral.
He may still B around (ck date of post), may have wrds 4 U, may have some for the shop, etc...
Covid has changed the world, business too (as it's init). We must go forward ina new way~

Last edited:
I still have my motor. And I appreciate the responses and the help. I’ll see what I can do from here. Thank you.

Back