All Small Six MotorTrend

This relates to all small sixes

R_Calris

I recently stumbled across a MotorTrend build from November of 2018. I thought some of the information presented might be nice here. it looks like everything except the Head they used is still readily available. Vintage Inlines is currently listing the Head as 'Out of Stock' while also stating they are having casting issues, and a long waiting list.

according to the article their goal was to achieve 1 horsepower per cubic inch. its a pretty looking build; and at the very least worth looking at in my opinion.

https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/1...a-200ci-inline-six-engine-for-todays-driving/

Thanks for putting that up.
I love how they are quick to degrade the six...like the V8 degree wheel hole will be to large ,wrong ...I use a Chevy big block crank washer and open up the 1/2'' bolt hole to the 200 9/16''for an exact fit, so no run out.

they probably didn't even think about using a Chevy part to fix a Ford issue. I ran into that problem as a kid when I helped my grandpa get our 1949 ford special running again. the Chevy 350 was designed by the same guy that designed the 'shoebox Fords' so a lot of the accessory parts bolt to the stock brackets/mounts, as well as the 1955-57 engine mounts are used to bolt the 350 block and the mid-50s era transmissions into those cars without modifications... that being said: even though my grandpa knew this, as we converted the car from 6V to 12V he stressed over finding an alternator/generator that would work with the build as we were doing it. then one day my Uncle handed him one he thought would work, it fit and aligned perfectly without extra spacers. that car was on the road the following day. the alternator used was from a 1997 Chevy Pickup

notice date of article. B4 that, after that - over a doz shipments (paletts) of heads from the 'foundry' contracted to get us the heads, covid, # of orders, the "mom'n pop" nature of retailer (full time other job), etc. R U an i6 owner? Interested in the ford (1 of the 6) or others?

Back