My 1st engine Build! 200 Six Build Video

pikesan

Been on Fordsix for a while now. I enjoy the company and man... there's tons of great advice here. I've been helped alot more than I have helped. Maybe I can turn that around some. I built my first motor, of course a 200 six. I'm the son of a retired, 25 year Ford mechanic who's built engines WITH me before, but I had trouble jumping in. This time, I wanted to have pops help, not DO.

Don't give me too hard a time for my mistakes... I hope other new builders will learn something along the way from my fumbles... in the end, the short block is assembled!
Thanks!

200 Ford Inline Six Shortblock Build

Thank you very much guys! I suck at editing video and this was my first time with new software. Feels great that the work was worth it.

A builder AND a videographer!

Fantastic video, however you never checked the end gap on each ring in each cylinder.
Remember if the end gap on the rings is too small, after achieving the correct end gap remember to deburr the sharp edges so they don't scratch the cylinder walls.
The rear main seal as shown is rotated to a 10:00 o'clock setting & a 8:00 o'clock setting one being the block & the rear main cap.
Good job done to remove the old rope seal retainer pin. :beer: :beer:
I also put a small dab of ultra gray sealer on each end of the rubber seal.
You should also place a very small bead of sealer where the rear main cap fits into the block at the extreme end of the cap as well as a very small bead of sealer behind the rubber seal from the crankshaft to the outer edge of the rear main cap. Doing this will prevent oil from seeping past the rear main cap via capillary attraction. Parden my spelling!
Make sure you put lubricant on the rear main sealing surface of the crankshaft.
You don't want to start any engine with a dry seal front or rear.
You also should have checked the crankshaft thrust end play & after centering the thrust cap then you torque it & recheck the crankshaft end play.
Otherwise a truly great video. I congradulate you & your dad on a great presentation. Bill

HEY! Who's video is this? :rolflmao:

Thanks for the tips. I don't have the oil pan on yet, so I can make some adjustments.
pikesan

Back