All Small Six My autolite 1100 has driven me mad

This relates to all small sixes
Hi guys and gals, this isn't a new story to this site, I am sure. My 63 170 in my 62 Comet was running great, then the Autolite 1100 started to leak like crazy, from around the diaphram and leaving me with an empty carb tomorrow. I then bought a new Henkyo carb on Amazon, it really ran good for a few drives, then wasn't running so good. So, i dug the leaking one back out, put it on the car, it ran better but still leaked, I now was sure the new carb was crap. So, I took the diaphram off the new carb, put it on the old carb, no leak and running good but not great, that was yesterday. Today, I went out for a short drive, I had to turn around ASAP, wasn't sure I would make it back home.
I did rebuild the old 1100 before I bought the Henkyo, still leaked, I am thinking now, what else can I do ? In the past, on my V8's it was easy, I would buy a small CFM Edlebrock carb and they worked flawlessly for me.
What is a guy to do ? Do the 1bbl to 2bbl adapters work ? Is the Holley 1940 a good carb and is it an easy bolt on and drive ?
Like I said, this isn't a new question here, I am wondering what others have done in the past ? I know lots of guys swear by the Autolite 110 and I did too, for a while I did

Howdy from fla!
Just f leaking is your main problem and have a new gasket, I would check two things.
1: make sure mating surfaces are flat. I bought a big flat fine tooth file and hit both surfaces. You can tell when it is flat by the shiny part
2: make sure your screws aren’t bottoming out before the gasket is clamped

These steps should help. I also don’t know what kind of diaphragm you got with the carb. I am assuming you are talking about an accelerator diaphragm, it get a good one👍
Hope it helps🤞

Howdy from fla!
Just f leaking is your main problem and have a new gasket, I would check two things.
1: make sure mating surfaces are flat. I bought a big flat fine tooth file and hit both surfaces. You can tell when it is flat by the shiny part
2: make sure your screws aren’t bottoming out before the gasket is clamped

These steps should help. I also don’t know what kind of diaphragm you got with the carb. I am assuming you are talking about an accelerator diaphragm, it get a good one👍
Hope it helps🤞
Don, the leaking is from the Dashpot housing cover, I rebuilt it, new gaskets, it isn't screws or gaskets, it is the dashpot itself, the outside cover.

I think there might be a terminology problem here. It might help to post a pic of the problem 🤔🤔

Did you put a new accelerator pump diaphragm in ?
They get old and crack.
The accelerator pump cover can be tapped flat if its warped from over tightening

Back