new radiator

I have been reviewing this post because when I initially started my comet after the rebuild and ran it for 30 minutes at 2000 rpm the temp gauge climbed to 206 until I shut it down. Then it climbed to 230 shut off before cooling. Guitarist I would be very interested in what you come up with after your installation. I have an aluminum rad but only single 1 inch core. Conventional fan. Has anyone used a pushing electric fan from front? Other issues have me laid up still but an this is an issue which needs to be addressed.

Mr Comet":2hqyfqgg said:
I have been reviewing this post because when I initially started my comet after the rebuild and ran it for 30 minutes at 2000 rpm the temp gauge climbed to 206 until I shut it down. Then it climbed to 230 shut off before cooling. Guitarist I would be very interested in what you come up with after your installation. I have an aluminum rad but only single 1 inch core. Conventional fan. Has anyone used a pushing electric fan from front? Other issues have me laid up still but an this is an issue which needs to be addressed.

8) yes pusher fans have been used to good success, both as the only fan and as supplemental fans. you might have your rad cleaned out before you go any further, it may be that the core is partially blocked. i agree that 230 is too high, but 206 is fine, in fact normal.

"...pusher fans..."
Seems like there would B more room than the inside (~ 2 inches). How are they secured on these 'stangs?

chad":1642wua6 said:
"...pusher fans..."
Seems like there would B more room than the inside (~ 2 inches). How are they secured on these 'stangs?

same way puller fans are secured. in a number of manners. one can build a bracket that holds the fan, or use zip ties to secure the fan to the core, or other manner as you see fit. personally i would build a bracket.

Mr Comet":217v62ly said:

As posted above you can use a pusher. I have a pusher installed as a supplemental fan. Went to the junk yard and pulled one from a Mazda. Installed it with an automatic stat that turns it on at 190 degrees. Or I can flip a switch in traffic to turn it on.

"...zip ties to secure the fan to the core..."
I've seen the housing (just as you've described) zip tied to the fins... that doesn't do damage to the radiator on rough rd.s?
:unsure:
Thanks.

chad":fdoo0b8d said:
"...zip ties to secure the fan to the core..."
I've seen the housing (just as you've described) zip tied to the fins... that doesn't do damage to the radiator on rough rd.s?
:unsure:
Thanks.

not if you install small pads where the fan housing contacts the radiator fins it doesnt. you also want to use large plastic ties for teh same reason.

So any U guys found one that replaces the mechanical fan (i.e. on the inside, pulling)?

The bronk has bout 3 inches on either side. The hood release mechanism makes it tough but I might be able to mount the radiator OUTside the core support for more room. Then I'm inta my plow hydraulics, head lghts & wiring, etc. Bronks are known to B a lill hot under the hood...

The 'stangs, etc seem to be even tighter? 2 inches or less?

Back