New to I-6. Need help on ID of motor and parts.

A

Anonymous

Truck is a 1962 f-100 lwb fleetside. Vin# from glove box is F10JE320759
Casting # from left rear area of block is C3AE-6015-F.
If from what i've been reading, this motor is a 1963 make. OR does this really mean that this could still be the oringal motor? Need to find out size of motor. I pulled valve cover and 3 pushrods were not in line with rockers
middle section of rocker section looked dry. Checked oil pressure, it was around 50psi. The back oil tube that feeds rockers weas stopped up where it goes into rocker assembley. Does the pushrods, rockers and rocker support rod and related parts the same for 223 and 262 motor?
Also in the owners manual in the truck someone had circled the 262 engine? Maybe?
Thanks

If it was a 262 the code would be C3TE-6015-? The 262 was available late 63? & 64 F100 Some I blocks had Olash rockers all others will interchange

zero lash rocker assemblies will bolt up on a non zero head, but they stands wont have the threaded stud holes for the two top mounting holes on the rocker covers

the stands are interchangable tho from what i can see,,, i am going to retro fit my assembly with the zero lash rockers on my '54-'54 motor

Back