New tri Weber engine build.

Just got the head back, setup for ls valve with instaled height of 1.8". Gor a good deal on some Z06 ls7 valve springs with retainers and locks for 40$. Smal problem is, he only found 8.. So, i think i'll just by a set of springs for a ls3, or somthing. Some one who know of a good set?
To be continued.. 👍

Attachments

• DSC_1009.JPG
    7.5 MB · Views: 35
Intake is : MEL V5328 from rockauto.
They are for a 1990 Toyota Pu 2.4l gasoline l4. The exhaust valves are for the same engine.
Perfect fit for my big log head. Valve guides cut for 8mm stems and seals, springseats cut for ls size springs. With The ls valve locks, one will need a 2mm lashcap. Other valve locks might work beter in locating the stem abow the retainers.
Good luck! 👍

Anyone know of a good set of oem ls springs, with locks and retainers?
Preferably from like Summit or rockauto or such, preciate any help. 🙏

Just got the head back, setup for ls valve with instaled height of 1.8". Gor a good deal on some Z06 ls7 valve springs with retainers and locks for 40$. Smal problem is, he only found 8.. So, i think i'll just by a set of springs for a ls3, or somthing. Some one who know of a good set?
To be continued.. 👍
Beautiful work.

My 2 to one termination box a'la Vizard, a Summit brand " super Flow ". With the first baffel removed. A second inlet welded on. The volume to the next baffel is aprox. 5 litre, ( min 8 Times one cyl volume). Singel 2 1/2" out. Going to tune the colector lenghts on my Hooker headers and then connect them to the box.

Attachments

• DSC_1019.JPG
    8 MB · Views: 30
  • DSC_1021.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 30
Hum, just wondering wouldn't it be only 6 times one cylinder's volume for a Six engine?

My 2 to one termination box a'la Vizard, a Summit brand " super Flow ". With the first baffel removed. A second inlet welded on. The volume to the next baffel is aprox. 5 litre, ( min 8 Times one cyl volume). Singel 2 1/2" out. Going to tune the colector lenghts on my Hooker headers and then connect them to the box.
Nice! The terminator box is something I'm going to do as well. BTW, Vizard says 8X because it's a V8 engine. For us, it's 6X for the minimum area.

Looking Great jaan-e! Are you also going to put an X Pipe in front of the Mufflers?

Looking Great jaan-e! Are you also going to put an X Pipe in front of the Mufflers?
NO, NO X-pipe. This setup is suposed to simulate equal lenght open exhaust. The moded muffler work like a termination box, on our six's the colector lenghts would end up around the same as the primary pipes, to 10" shorter. The paint burn of test would be best to determin the right lenght. MR Vizard has a good you tube video on the subjekt. " Zero loss exhaust" 👍

We have an ol thread on his extended dead end apendix like pipe (Heilman or some other thing).

So i'm back on The engine build, after this winters energy prices going through the roof here in Sweden.
About cam choise, for specs like folows:
Flat Top hypereutectic pistons 0.5mm out the hole, Molly plasma gapples rings, ported head ir setup with 3 WEBER IDF44, 36mm venturies, 12" total intake lenghts, Toyota valves, ls7 springs, 1.5 adj rocker ( for Now) hooker long tube headers, ligtned flywheel, MB clutch, Volvo 4spd, 3:55 or 3:73 rear, max rpm @5.5-6k. Falcon - 61 futura. California white, red vinyl buckets. 205/60-15 radials.
So i think i want: 60° overlapp, 110° lca
Wich give 280°dur. On a flat tappet hydraulik.
Or should i go with: 55°overlapp, 110° lca,
And what ever dur, ( 270° something ). As it showed when calculated: 275°.
Will have a adjustebl roller camgear set.
Any pros and cons on that?

Last edited:
Goldie's mustang 200 has an Aussie head with a 2300 2 barrel carb and 10:1 compression.
The Claysmith cam failed so she installed the Howards 280998-10 camshaft which pulls nicely to 6000 rpm.
It was installed with the intake center line at 106 degrees ATDC

275 degrees advertised duration.
221 degrees .050" duration
110 LSA
.470" valve lift with a 1.5 ratio rocker arm.

Back