new triple carb.200cui.

jdn, you have an AMAZING car!! I'm very jealous, haha. That is something to be proud of indeed!

I have a couple questions for you, I read through the thread a couple times and didn't see this, so if I just overlooked it, I'm sorry to bother you!

First, what type of disc brakes did you use, and did they fit on the 14" steel wheels ok?

Second, are you using a stock 200 cylinder head, or the 250 cylinder head? I want to get a 250 head for my car and do an Offenhauser 3 carb setup, and if it looks as great as yours does I will be thrilled.

Thanks so much!!

hello stephan,,for de discbrakes i have used the conversion set
from S.S.B.C (stainles steel brake conversion) from SUMMIT,,,,,,,
and yes i used the stock steel wheels.importend is to mention the
year of youre mustang.the spindels before 67 have an other cize than
after 67.and you need the for lug set.(6 cylinder)

the head is een other story,i have used an block from 1970
this head has a flat log,for the 1968 my original moter i couldn't
find the intake what i need,i could find the intake from an 1970
youre 250 head is also useful fore the triple carb set up,,,,you
must only watch for the good intake,,the differends between the
intakes is a head whit a flat log of a round log.
this one is for the flat log,,

this one is for the round log,,

greetzzz,,,,JD,,, (y)

Sure looks and sounds good JD (y) Do you pull a trailer with it noticed what looks like a hitch on the back :unsure:

yes bubba it is a trailer hitch i use this for my caravan,,but maybe
i pul it of,,,because i got a motorhome now,,,,the plan is to buy a
trailer for my motorhome so i can take the mustang with me,,,,,,,,,,
greetzzz,,,,JD,,, ;)

Yeah that Motor Home would be a great way to travel on longer trips and trailer your Mustang along. (y)

hello mustang friends,i have a question,,,,
i wanne make a handchoke on de midcarb, for my
triple carb,i know there is a topic here but i cant
find it,can someone tell me of show me some
pictures from the way to build this.

thanks,,,,JD,, ;)

thanks bubba for youre reply,this is what i want
to use,,this is the first what i am gonna buy next
week,,,,at the moment the triple need some time
for starting,with the choke the mustang starts
better i think,,,last weekend we have visit the first
usa car meeting from this season,i won a price for
my camper it was the most original,i was very pleased
ofcourse,,,enjoy life bubba take care,,,,,,

greetz,,JD,,,, :thanks:

take it easy: a hare and a snail have the same time christmas.

hello again,,i have made the conversion set from dormann working,from an automatic
to an manual choke, its easy to do,,it works great.

so now i have a question,,,i have my vacuümhose for the pcv valve split with my
hose to the brakebooster,,now my brakes are not so good as before,i want to seperate
this,,but what is the best way to do this,,,,

i also get a new breathercap and a new pcv valve,

have a nice weekend ,,,JD :beer:

Hello jdn, Nice car! I think tying into that vacuum line so close to the booster could cause too much variance in vacuum when pvc opens/closes to clear crank case pressure. You might try tying into the line closer to the log...like routing pvc separate all the way to a multi-port "intake manifold fitting" at the log vacuum source...(pic of multi port intake manifold fitting)
http://www.mustangbarn.com/images/vacs/68%20f34.jpg

EDIT: PVC vacuum sourced closer to the log might not cause vacuum at booster to vary so much, or use a vacuum reservoir before the booster to sustain an 'average' vacuum level at the booster.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G1464/
Good luck (y)

hello mister thanks for youre reply,,,but can i put
the vacuüm reservoir on the hose between the pcv
valve and the brakebooster,,,,on place of the red arrows.

greetzz,,JDN,, :unsure:

Greetings JDN...caught me surfing late. Night shift is hard to shake, even on the weekend, apparently it has me up with the Dutch ;) :LOL:

jdn21758":lsmf4lgj said:
can i put
the vacuüm reservoir on the hose between the pcv
valve and the brakebooster

I would not recommend it. Looking closer at your pic, where is the pcv valve itself located? Is there one built into that 'T' fitting or the element on the valve cover :unsure::
If not, I would think you would have too much vacuum loss. I'd still recommend a separate line for each, the pvc and brake booster. Those smaller 7in boosters can get by on less vacuum and reconfiguring the pvc may solve your problem without the need for a reservoir :unsure:

EDIT: Unfortunately it will not look as neat and tidy as the one line, but it should perform much better with two separate lines running back to the vacuum source at the log manifold. PVC line routed by itself to a fitting at the base of the center carb would be the best...I think. What is the black line currently at the base of the center carb? Distributor advance?
That would be a better spot for the PVC hookup alone if it did make tuning your tri-power more difficult. Good luck (y)

sorry for keeping you awake from sleep,, :nod: but thanks for the answer,
the black line where you talking about is hooked up to my mallory ignation.
(distrubuteur advance.) i think i gonna split it up on the log manifold.near the
yellow arrow.and make it from there seperate. and yes the pcv valve is integrated
in the element.

greetz,,JDN. :thanks: (robert??)

Hello jdn, No worries, you did not keep me up...just my odd night schedule for work has me in the habit.

That sounds like a good plan, to separate the lines at the yellow arrow (y) Please let us know how it turns out , and good luck!
Robert

PS Yes, it's "Robert"..."Frank"-nstang is an homage to my middle name as well as the 'Mary Shelley monster crafted from spare parts in a laboratory' that is similar to my mustang :LOL:

hello robert thanks again,,at this moment i have a paintjob to my house,
i got now four weeks vacation,,,after the paintjob end of the week i gonna
make a trip with my moterhome (GMC vanguard) after that i start up to
fixed the mustang when the job is done i will let you know,,and make some
photo's........have a nice day,,,,,,

greetzz,,JDN. (y) (y) (y) (y)

hello can someone tell me where i can buy a
remanufactured HOLLEY 64-1126,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

the center carb. is not working well,so i need an other one. s.a.p
have a nice weekend..JD,, :thanks:

hello again i have relined the fuel line from the firewall to the front it was verry hot on the backside of the motor so its now on the place where it belong.

greetzzz,,,JD.

Don't know how I missed your post for the last few years. Very very nice work :beer: . You can work on mine anytime :LOL: .

thanks i worked about 5 years on it now only a new paintjob and thats the last thing for the moment now i wanna drive it much as possible.
greetzz, JD.

Back