Offy Tri-Power

I just got my 3 Weber 34 ICH's I'm looking for chrome air cleaners to finish this off any ideas on what will fit under the hood and where I can find them. Craig

I have an Offy 3 1BBL intake, 1100 carbs and linkage for sale has around 1 hour of use on it. Small carb in the middle larger end carbs. This is for the round log manifold. It was on a 170 CI cylinder head.

I dug all the stuff out. My mistake the inner is the larger and outers the smaller. Anyway its all there just needs dusted off. Pictures are taken got to get with my friend to scan them in.

300 plus shipping for all of it. Includes original instructions, my modifications, box off all parts removed from the carbs and a fuel block

Pictures taken just need to have them scaned in. Hope between today and Monday.

Here is what I recived from Clifford when I ask them about the Offenhauser 3 X 1 Manifold "I would like to go with this setup, Offenhauser 3 X 1 Manifold. Could you give me a price for such a setup with and without carbs and what carbs you would recommend.

""This system is the best carb system right now. Your price is $1,039.00 for the system. Our 264 camshaft is the best for the 250 engine. I would go with a 5 speed Trans as well. 350 rear end is the biggest to go with and balance the drive shaft.

If you wait for about 6 months, we are working on an aluminum crossflow cylinder head for you. This will create big Horse power and torque for your inline better than anything you can think of. With this head you could run our new Fuel Injection system and get up to 300 HP.

Thank you

Larry""

yeah, but clifford has been talking about this head being ready 3 months ago...now it's still another 6 months away. I'll wait to see it when it happens, and also the price. I imagine it'll still go for about $1500-2000. I'm also betting it's just a Aussie 250/2V copy cat or maybe a copy of the xflow head with some mods. I doubt clifford has the technology to be able to properly research cylinder heads.

Slade

"I think that means the outers come in at approximately 2000-2500 RPM."
Outers come in at 0 RPM.
Has nothing to do with RPM.

I should have a box of jets for the 1100s laying around also. I believe my carb selection gave my setup 500 CFM. The center carb was the larger one because it gave better economy that way.

Motorcycle carbs work just depends on how much comunication you allow. How much is needed depends on the number of carbs used.

panic":24vvk39l said:
"I think that means the outers come in at approximately 2000-2500 RPM."
Outers come in at 0 RPM.
Has nothing to do with RPM.

Yeah it does...they are on a mechanical linkage. While they provide fuel at idle rate, they do so until the linkage starts to open them up. If you have the carbs synced correctly, then the outer carbs do not open the butterflies until 2000 RPM or so.

Slade

Yeah, I get what you're trying to say, but the rpm is really dependent on load, not throttle position. You could be WOT at 1000 rpm in high gear. Or you could be at 2500 in neutral with the throttle barely cracked open.

I think the correct description would be in terms of percentage of primary throttle opening before the secondaries begin to open. So at 60% primary throttle, for example, the secondaries begine movement. At WOT, all the carbs shoud be 100%. The RPM might be 2000-2500, but that's not always the case.

Good point Jack...sorry about that...when I was talking about the RPMS, I meant setting them with the car in park with no load.

You are right, it is throttle position...sorry about that.

Slade

anybody have a tri carb on a early round body falcon with a 250? i would love to try it, but the hood clearance with a 250 is a big issue. thanks.

michael cini
63 futura convertible
250 I6/C4

Back